rayin

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

I'm surprised the rear truck tires are not flat, same with trailer. Suspect it's not his/her first Rodeo!  I also suspect the truck is diesel and stick shift...in Gladewater my friend DH moves a 37,000 lb track hoe, with a F-350 Duramax all the time.  Un loading is interesting, the whole back of truck is off the ground!  

Why stick shift. Put two equal trucks back to back, one stick and one automatic, hook up a chain and have a tug of war. Automatic will win every time because of torque. At least that is what I have been told.

That trailer looks like the rear ramp is what holding it up in the back.  Steering of the truck is going to be a challenge.

FIVE. Yep!

Ray, I'm talking a real one ton F-350, don't know about the torque, but I do know that I can control my slow speed better with a stick!

Ya, best "low speed control" vehicle I had was a 1966 GMC PU with V6 (ya the 305 CID HD truck engine V6) and a granny 4 speed.  Did a valve job on it, and the heads on that V6 were heavier than a 427. Can you say 0-9 MPH in first gear. Bought it for $125 in 1976 with a broken front suspension (right front wheel horizontal) and gore hole in passenger's door from where a bull ran into it.  Spend another $150 and Dianne and I drove it from Houston to Haines Alaska in 7 days.

39 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know Why your gas is so expensive. Kroger down the street is  $1.26.B)

Bill

It's because the refinery is 1/2 mile away from us. Takes the trucks time to run to the filling point and return. 🙂

You'll have to ask Mike in Houston!  I never could understand why Valero gas was more expensive across the street from the Valero refinery, than 200 miles away!:wacko:

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know Why your gas is so expensive. Kroger down the street is  $1.26.B)

Bill

That's because I live in Washington State with sky high road tax on the gas.  

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

WHAT CABIN FEVER???????????????

I worked outside today, it helped tremendously. Trimmed up some trees chipped up the branches and stacked some wood. Also mowed the lawn. Of course I managed to sustain a minor injury. Chipper pulled a branch in and made it whip, it slapped my face, split my forehead open above my right eye and broke my safety glasses.

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Did you have a mask on also?

No. So if this is airborne we will find out soon enough  :wacko:. Of course there was no human interaction or close by for 100+ feet.