rayin

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

I was an Assistant Instructor for PADI but when I got back to the states I wasn't diving so let it lapse because of insurance costs. I still have my PADI Dive Master card but I haven't been diving in years and would definitely go through a refresher course if I though of diving again. (Not at my age.)  The saying went, "There isn't anything in the ocean that is not edible."  I believe that. Take the lowly Jelly Fish as varieties are edible. Who would of thought!  Just be careful of anything in quantity. 

The picture I posted was on a visit to Okinawa where my son was stationed. We were only there for a couple weeks, but 20 years prior we spent 3 years there. Got invited to some Japanese homes which is quite an honor. Always had their food and it was delicious.  The Japanese keep a pot of rice going all day long. It is their staple food.

I was driving down the road and noticed a neighbor had added some new pets. They must be some ornery critters because I don't ever see  pictures where people are using them as domestic draft animals. 

Bill

20200817_144024.jpg

strange horses.jpg

Bill E. & Wayne...you got our mouths to salivate!  WE LOVE IT.  I've had it all over the world.  Linda has now had it in 11 countries!  :)

Picked up some Chinese food on the way to the house tonight. Here is my fortune. How could you not follow the advise of the fortune teller who wrote this. We leave on Monday.

Bill

20200821_184118Time_to_leave.jpg

10 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Picked up some Chinese food on the way to the house tonight. Here is my fortune. How could you not follow the advise of the fortune teller who wrote this. We leave on Monday.

Bill

20200821_184118Time_to_leave.jpg

:wub: that’s a sign!!

Yep!  We figured that out, last month!  Jim S is leaving tomorrow and we head for NM today, then back to Colorado and Utah on the 4th, via Angle Fire!

In any language, "On the road again!" Is a good song & a great feeling of Freedom!  We have not had any in the past 6 months, time to appreciate it (freedom), even more now! :P

Joe I can almost smell the aroma from your smoker, Yummm.

Ever see a Ford pickup on tracks? Also a Ford C55(Detroit 2-cycle) with powered trailer on tracks.The modified Ford C55 had a range of 150 miles with a 130 G tank.  This was 1962 in Alaska during the cold war . Details:click on picture.

Various special-purpose vehicles being tested for military application in Arctic and sub-Arctic conditions.

For some reason I cannot type the entire link without getting a black box instead.

Edited by rayin

20 hours ago, manholt said:

Looking good, Joe!  Here it's 45 and feels like 33!

75 and sunny yesterday, slight overcast today, still in the 70’s. I’m gonna cry when I have to head north tomorrow AM :wacko:

Edited by jleamont

Fortunately Joe is a young man. Unfortunately Pennsylvania is where his job is and his daughters are in school. However I do believe his girls have graduated or one has. I give him credit, he takes as much time as he can to travel south. You go Joe.

Herman   

4 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Wow! They are sure proud of their campground.

You went over 800 miles in a day's drive!  That's 4 days for me!

Yeah, pulled out of Florida at 7:30AM, pulled into our house at 11:30PM. Of course we stopped to cook meals and once for fuel.

Not how I like to travel but I had a lot to do today, like winterize and empty the coach. 

On 12/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, wayne77590 said:

Wow! They are sure proud of their campground.

You went over 800 miles in a day's drive!  That's 4 days for me!

The view from our Dinette 

1D4FAC09-8CF2-43F4-A00A-9108C84BDEAD.jpeg