rayin

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

I came across this and thought it was interesting. It brought back lots of memory's. Something to watch during the boring times.

I saw this RV at the Henry Ford Museum.  Interesting thing is they didn't sleep in the RV. The back was all electronics for the show.

Bill

I loved that show! That was back when television was interesting to watch, today it's drivel and touchy feely programming. Mr. Kuralt took me places that I dreamed of, later I decided to see some of those places in person. We''ve now stayed and sightsee'ed in 47 states (including the Conch Republic) and 8 Canadian provinces.

Edited by rayin

He was the man who lived a double life.  The Double Life of Charles Kuralt - ReelRundown - Entertainment

EDIT to comment on the trailer with motorhome.  I have such a trailer and the rear of the trailer is known as "Dove Tail" it is made for hauling vehicles and equipment.     The MH looks to be a 24,000 lb. chassis and that would be 12 tons which looks to be what the trailer is with two 6,000 lb. axles.    I doubt the MH weighs over 17,000 lb..   The truck can handle that load.  My truck is a 2,000 F350 7.3 4X4 CC LB DRW and can handle 26,000 lb. combined weight.

Edited by charlieiam

My best friend has the 2000 Ford 350 true 1 ton dually and hauls a 29,000# Track Dozer with it.....not on Hwy, on 1,400 acres  of bad roads!

When you need to be sure to take enough beer to the party,

BEER WAGON | Pull behind motorcycle trailer, Motorcycle ...

Edited by rayin

14 hours ago, manholt said:

We think its a BBQ Pit....whatever, that's talent.

Yep, I suspect it cost as much to build as the motorcycle cost. The website I got that from said it was for beer,  but that would be a lot of weight to tow with that motorcycle. Perhaps it carries a couple of kegs with taps behind a door somewhere? One keg of beer(15.5G) is 130# net weight, so I suspect your are correct.

Sure wouldn't want those trailer brakes to fail with it full of beer and me on 2 wheels.

Edited by rayin

Wow! This thread has been dead for awhile. Let me liven it up.

Some time ago the City of Texas City built a new maintenance facility. It has a lot of gate accesses but this one I just don't understand unless it is going to be for 2 wheel or pedestrians.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

17 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Wow! This thread has been dead for awhile. Let me liven it up.

Some time ago the City of Texas City built a new maintenance facility. It has a lot of gate accesses but this one I just don't understand unless it is going to be for 2 wheel or pedestrians.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

What could possibly go wrong 😂 

Apparently someone already hit the street-light - OR the design engineer forgot to spec a concrete base.

Oh!, were we supposed to move the pole before they poured the new street. It wasn't on the schedule till the first of next month. Opps! wrong month, it was supposed to have been the first of last month. (who can I blame for this?):unsure:

Herman

Joe, where did you go? Looks peaceful.

We leave around the 1st of July headed to Shipshewana, IN.  We will be there for the month of August.

I know folks who tow one & drive one, all over the US....no big deal.

Joe, we may get to PA by end off Summer, Alaska was cancelled yesterday!  We will do Alaska 5 June 22. 

Lancaster, New Holland KOA. Great spot very peaceful. And the little Amish bakery across the street is a jackpot! We also found a Dairy down the street that has ice cream. Stocked up on that! 
we are meeting two other FMCA families here, they are from NJ. Potluck dinner tonight and a Moonshine tasting. I made homemade meatballs and I smoked Italian sausage. It’s all sitting in a crockpot in the coach, of course in homemade sauce.