rayin

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

Joe, Sounds like a interesting get together. Hope the weather cooperates.

Rich.

Edited by dickandlois
Wrong place To request personal info.

How cool is this? Check out the slotted fender skirts.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187454940_1178610855937534_5945159108114470908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=6zcqAhODwt0AX80G1SV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=3d4ad8a5fbbe2184102b8aec9309a79b&oe=60CA1055

Edited by rayin

Would that have had a flat 6 engine?. Talk about slow climbing mountain grades. I don't think Ford came out with the flat 8 until 1949

I think for a futuristic concept car they might have used a V12. Like the one from the 1932 Lincoln. Introduced in 1932, the Lincoln V12 was essentially a Ford flathead V8 design with a longer block and heads to accommodate four extra cylinders. With a displacement of 267 cubic inches (4.4 litres) the V12 could deliver 110 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque, an impressive figure at the time.

Bill

That was an interesting video to watch. I like seeing those "old day" campers.

I did like the van camper with the cannon parked out front at the bridge.

4 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I saw my first Ford 8 in a 1949 Ford 2-door sedan, I didn't know it had been around  for 16 years already.. Grinding/lapping the valves was major engine work.

wildbill the video is IMO quite accurate and informative. It answers many questions I read from new RV owners too. I was surprised it addresses the current lack of quality control by RV mfgrs. Thanks for posting the video.

8 hours ago, rayin said:

I saw my first Ford 8 in a 1949 Ford 2-door sedan, I didn't know it had been around  for 16 years already.. Grinding/lapping the valves was major engine work.

Yep, used a lap stick many many times.

7 hours ago, dbenoit said:

Made me remember the "I Love Lucy" episode with the travel trailer.

The long long trailer, I think that was a 54 Mercury convertible that Rickey used to pull all those rocks with.😛

Its not what I saw in that clip!  Its what I didn't see!  For the last year, its been a overwhelming demand and no supply....So by the time we get the RV we ordered, 4 to 6 months past original delivery date, its outdated and quality control has gone!  Currently happening with Entegra, over 200, 2021 coaches waiting on parts and the 2022 is at dealership for sale!:wacko:  That's becoming a PR nightmare....  

I came across something fun while checking out a place to stay before going to Gillet. While looking at Cody Wyoming Trout Ranch I zoomed in and drooped the little orange man for a street view. Well you do it and tell me what you see. Drop it in the middle.

Let me know what you see.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

1 hour ago, rayin said:

I see the totally vacant  RV park with a dusting of snow..

Trip advisor reads like staying there in an RV makes you unwelcome to use their attractions. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60442-d11980043-Reviews-Cody_Wyoming_Trout_Ranch-Cody_Wyoming.html

Drop the street view icon in the middle of the rv park.

Bill

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Space heater inside the Teepee!

I know nor "original/authentic" but could you imagine open fires and rookies?

Bill

The Teepee has an open top for smoke to escape from the open fire. More modern ones have a flap. Just don't build the open fire next to the edge!!