f432347

2005 newmar dutchstar cruse control, abs check engine light comes on

4 hours ago, F432347 said:

cruse control along with speedometer quit, abs and check engine light come on sometimes and go out. any body have this problem

Welcome to the Forum!

Could you post the  Model and chassis the Coach is built on for the group .  Could you offer some information on the Smart wheel?

Speedometer, ABS and check engine light, seam to be an odd combination. ECM is linked to all the mentioned issue form my limited experience.

Rich.

Rich, pretty common on newer equipment that is multiplexed. When one module is missing an input i.e. open ABS sensor the others see the fault and illuminate their lights as well. I just experienced a new truck with a malfunctioning AM/FM radio cause a breakdown! Most newer chassis get the speedometer signal from the ABS module, and most will not move with a wheel speed sensor or ABS malfunction. 

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Rich, pretty common on newer equipment that is multiplexed. When one module is missing an input i.e. open ABS sensor the others see the fault and illuminate their lights as well. I just experienced a new truck with a malfunctioning AM/FM radio cause a breakdown! Most newer chassis get the speedometer signal from the ABS module, and most will not move with a wheel speed sensor or ABS malfunction. 

Thanks Joe ! 

My reply was based on the coach bring 05 model year, The newer units have a more extensive  Can system for sure !

Rich.

F 432347 This is a copy of the manual that covers How to use the message center to read The Fault Codes that might be stored. They keep trying to keep things up to date as the software changes.

This file is 52 pages long.

https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/chassis/spartan_message_center.pdf

Check Page 23, Section 2-15 covers fault code retrieval. Might be a good starting point.

The other item to check is the ground connections, because issues you did mention are intermittent. 

Rich.

Edit, Added information . This is a less intensive PDF file that covers the coach gauges and message center.  This file is 14 pages long.

https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/login/UploadedFiles/Medallion Gauges-Spartan Operators Guide _RevA 8-28-04__12820061424088530000.pdf