Jump to content
bubbapalmer1

Brand Newbee Set-up Question

Recommended Posts

Brand new to all this. Finally Retired.  😎  Lifelong camper but 1st RV. Couple of practice trips and watching you tube videos convinced me I should have a written checklist for set-up and for take-down. Know where I might find one I can print off? Just joined FMCA per you tube recommendations. Looking forward to your help throughout our adventures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bubbapalmer1 said:

Brand new to all this. Finally Retired.  😎  Lifelong camper but 1st RV. Couple of practice trips and watching you tube videos convinced me I should have a written checklist for set-up and for take-down. Know where I might find one I can print off? Just joined FMCA per you tube recommendations. Looking forward to your help throughout our adventures.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum and the learning curve we all have been on. Some members have owned more then one over the years and each time we change coaches, it starts the whole learning process over.. LOL

The list can very, Kind of depends on the Make, Model and year.

Could you post That information and then you will get some information relevant to the coach.

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Family! 😀

As off yesterday, coach #18, since 1967!  As Rich said, I'm now on a new learning curve with a new Make, Model, Multiplex, engine, etc!

So, in order to help you, we need to know what you got.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bubba,

Welcome to the Forum. 

There is so much more to FMCA than just the Forum. There are Chapter you may join were you meet and make lifelong friends. Chapters are the backbone of FMCA. There are the benefits such as the FMCAssist program, the tire programs, fuel discount card, WIFI connections and so much more.

Here is a short list that you will add to as you go. If you get it out to use and hook up, unhook it and store it back where you got it (so you can find it the next time). Check the roof, if you put it up make sure to put it down before moving. Jacks that go down to level must go up to travel. Most of us learn every time we go out . When something goes wrong it will go on your checklist.

So go and enjoy the best is yet to come.

Herman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums bubba!  Begin with this internet search.  Download the ones of interest, then modify them to suit your specific requirements.

Another source is; Rand McNally RVND GPS has a built-in checklist for setting up and breaking down at a campsite. This GPS is designed especially for large RV's, and designates routing based upon your input for height,weight, length, your preference for interstates, or state highways, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum. Something You might find useful is the FMCA University. https://www.fmca.com/about-fmca-university  

Here is a bunch of videos on many different subjects https://www.fmca.com/fmca-videos

The biggest key in setting up or tearing down your campsite  is don't get in a hurry and don't get distracted. 

Any questions let us know.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I do and instruct all of my parker's to do is not try to help a person when they are unhooking or hooking up. Everyone has their own routine and when you try and help you disrupt that routine. It may sound like you don't care but you will be doing them a favor so they won't miss a step.

Be a friend, watch and only step in if asked.

Just my two cents worth.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best place to start is in your own driveway for a week. Write down everything that you have to go to the house for, then make a list, then condense it so that you will not overload the camper. Another list to make is the setup list to get you started, park, level, let out the awning, put up the TV antenna, you will get the picture. Now, when you get ready to depart, work the list in reverse order. You will learn how to refine this list, just remember, if you put something out or up while setting up, you will need to do opposite when departing, this includes the electric cord, water hose, and sewage. I find very few do everything in an exact order, so will be best to make your own list. Happy trails and tales, Kay.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

Best place to start is in your own driveway for a week. Write down everything that you have to go to the house for, then make a list, then condense it so that you will not overload the camper.

Starting in your driveway is  great advise. Once you make a list of things you need, work the list. You don't want to be looking for the corkscrew when you forgot it last time.:P

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

One thing I do and instruct all of my parker's to do is not try to help a person when they are unhooking or hooking up. Everyone has their own routine and when you try and help you disrupt that routine. It may sound like you don't care but you will be doing them a favor so they won't miss a step.

Be a friend, watch and only step in if asked.

Just my two cents worth.

Herman

Absolutely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...