mattm

LCI Will Not Replace 15 months old hydraulic Ram

I have replaced 4 of the 5 original hydraulic rams on my 2010 Georgetown.  The last two replaced with rams manufactured Nov 2018...so just 15 months later, one of the rams is leaking.  LCI told my tech the warranty is one year!  Sorry.  Can you believe that?

With all due respect, if a manufacturer establishes a warranty period, why should they extend warranty coverage beyond that policy?  I fully understand your frustration, but a business can't simply disregard its stated warranty for individual customers and still remain in business.  If it decides to cover you at 15-months, why shouldn't it cover others at 18-months? What about 24-months?

3 hours ago, MattM said:

I have replaced 4 of the 5 original hydraulic rams on my 2010 Georgetown.  The last two replaced with rams manufactured Nov 2018...so just 15 months later, one of the rams is leaking.  LCI told my tech the warranty is one year!  Sorry.  Can you believe that?

One member of the forum did ask what rams you are talking about?

The leveling jack, slide out rams or some other application? You replaced 4 of the original 5. That kind takes the leveling jacks out out of the equation most coach builders  use 3 or 4.

What is the price of each ram and do you R and R them ? and did LCI  personal offer any thoughts as to why they failed or are failing?

Rich.

I would consider pulling them, take them to a hydraulic repair shop and have them inspected and or rebuilt. My guess is low quality packing inside. Most shops should be able to rebuild them for a fraction of replacement cost with higher quality parts.

I sympathize with you, they should last longer! 

24 minutes ago, jleamont said:

I would consider pulling them, take them to a hydraulic repair shop and have them inspected and or rebuilt. My guess is low quality packing inside. Most shops should be able to rebuild them for a fraction of replacement cost with higher quality parts.

I sympathize with you, they should last longer! 

Ditto!!! The only question I have is how much weight is the slide ram moving? and if he knows what the slide maximum load is? 

Rich.