connitaylor

Gun permits in all states

In Texas, TABC (Texas Alcohol Tabaco) and Texas Rangers have that permission.  :P  Used to be that Texas Game Warden had to get a State Trooper to make an arrest or do a search/seizure, not anymore, now they are part of the Dept. of Public Safety (State Police)!

14 hours ago, manholt said:

In Texas, TABC (Texas Alcohol Tabaco) and Texas Rangers have that permission.  :P  Used to be that Texas Game Warden had to get a State Trooper to make an arrest or do a search/seizure, not anymore, now they are part of the Dept. of Public Safety (State Police)!

Indiana is the same, Game wardens have more authority than state police.

I realize it's been a while since anyone commented on this thread but it's my first time in here so I'm going to revive the dead horse 🐎 . I am a Nevada firearms instructor and former LEO, I would go by Federal Law..... FOPA also lovingly known as the McClure Volkmer Firearms Owners Protection Act. I did not read each individual comment so maybe there are parts of it out there. I want to do a little bit more research to see how you could still, for example, camp in New York even with their restrictive gun laws. Then again between Heller v DC and McDonald v Chicago they shouldn't be allowed to be restrictive on guns. Maybe one of us could be that supreme court case.... Scott v NY has a nice ring to it... 😂😂😂

In a nutshell it protects anyone traveling through the US with a legal firearm since there is no Federal uniform transportation procedure. You are legal to take a gun from one place in the United States where it is legal to another place in the United States where it is legal as long as during travel the gun and ammunition are not readily accessible to the driver or the passenger. In a Class A that could still be in the MH, example in ours, we could easily put it underneath the bed as it cannot be opened up while the motorhome is moving. 

We are full timing now for about the last four months and if there is ever truly a place I cannot bring my firearm, I will not go. I'm a long time shooter and someone that survived a home invasion so yes it can happen to you. 

I choose the school of thought, when in doubt, stay out of that state.  I will never leave it anywhere else.