Welcome to the Forum uscgasser.

There are several methods for mounting you plates. 

Zip tie to your ladder, but that makes it difficult to climb your ladder.

There are several folks the make brackets for mounting it to your ladder.

You can use industrial grade two sided tape. Preferred by most.

With the tape you can mount your plates both on the front and back

Good luck and again, Welcome.

Herman

I originally used ZIP ties and tied the plate to the back support runners of the ladder.  It is still visible and the step is still in use, just a little narrow in depth.

UV Light will eventually make the ZIP ties brittle so if you use that method by some that are UV tolerant and in any case change them out on a scheduled basis.

The best method is to use the PLATE BRACKET sold by Kiley Mold and if you are ingenious you may be able to make a bracket that will allow the entire step to be used.

Welcome!

I use zip ties for ladder, since I don't climb any more!  I also hang mine by suction cup on inside of front window, when parked.

Happy trails and tales...hope you can make a FMCA Rally soon!  Great seminars and nice folks to meet.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:45 AM, wayne77590 said:

UV Light will eventually make the ZIP ties brittle so if you use that method by some that are UV tolerant

As I have stated on several posts, the black ties are naturally UV tolerant (black is the only color that the UV will not decay. I personally like the method of taking the plate to a vinyl sign shop and have them duplicate the egg in peel and stick vinyl, no holes to drill or wire ties to mess with. Have a couple extra made so that when the old one looks bad (usually about 7 to 10 years) you will already have a replacement. They cost as little as fifteen bucks to twenty five and extra are normally 2 or 3 each when ordered at the same time. :rolleyes: Bill, that looks great.

Yes, I  know about the black ones but didn't have any handey. These will last for a while and I may go to some kind of ladder bracket. 

Bill

3 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Yes, I  know about the black ones but didn't have any handey.

PM me a mailing address, I will mail you a few, black is the only color that I buy, and have several hundred on hand at any given time, 4 inch to 48 inch.:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

PM me a mailing address, I will mail you a few, black is the only color that I buy, and have several hundred on hand at any given time, 4 inch to 48 inch.:ph34r:

Much appreciated and I may take you up on it if I can't find any handy. It was mostly because I was to lazy to go in the shead and look.:P

Bill

Bill, why not some long screws and large washers or flat bar behind the grill to draw it tight? Id consider placing rubber on the back of the egg so it doesn't vibrate and scratch up the paint. 

I considered something like that. I did consider the vibration but it is pretty tight The types I used are fairly robust. I am thinking about making a bracket to mount it off the ladder.

Bill

For the first time in my RV life...No Ladder!  I'm mounting one of my stick on in front, where Lic Plate normally go!  In back on grill, I'm thinking about a rubber backed aluminum plate that we can mount with Molly bolts and then glue plate to it, along with 2 mollly bolts.

I spent an hour or so on my roof this morning.  Put Back to Black on the three A/C covers and Protect All on the three sky lights, solar panel and shower sky light.

8 minutes ago, FIVE said:

Put Back to Black on the three A/C covers

But what if your covers were white? :rolleyes: Don't blame me it is the shelter in place order.

Bill

8 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

But what if your covers were white? :rolleyes: Don't blame me it is the shelter in place order.

Bill

Oh my! To much time on your hands, and hope you are still getting paid for your comedy.

Bill, you can come here, not enough time to get everything done, that needs doing...the fresh air will blow away the cobwebs that seems to be gathering! :ph34r:

Herman, your  right...have no need to risk being on top or bottom of coach.  Linda won't do it either, knee and hip problem.

FIVE, I like the cleaner look.  The AC ladder was never used, when young tech's bring out the "A" frame rolling ladder...it made a good statement.