elkhartjim

TSD fuel program

The following quote was posted March 3rd on the TSD Logistics Facebook page.

"As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place." 

Comes as no surprise, Just wonder why it took so long!   Marcus/GS/Pilot has been in the same bed for years now.

Sounds like GS needs to hear from every one of us that have a TSD card just how unhappy we are. Maybe if they see thousands of RV owners send back their GS cards they'll start getting the message. Maybe.

Now that we know it's possible for Pilot/Flying J to offer a discount larger than 8 cents a gallon to RV owners, we should demand that either GS gets us the same discount or that they get out of the way.

My belief is that the genie is out of the bottle on this one - we all know what's possible here and should demand that GS step up or step out of the way.

Pilot is making more profit by honoring the Good Sam card only so  they have know reason to quibble with Good Sams at this time. I think any form of protest would be better served by contacting Pilot and that has a snowball chance of being any benefit.

What is Good Sam getting out of this?

If the discount is strictly to benefit us, then I don't see why they would care if we're able to get a better discount from TSD. My thought is that the contract they have with PFJ benefits GS somehow. Not sure how, but there has got to be some reason it matters to them.

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but something feels wrong about this type of contract. GS needs to know that the result of them enforcing this exclusive contract is going to result in a net loss, and then perhaps things will change.

In the end, neither GS or PFJ are in charge - the customers are.

I only use Pilot and Fly J when there is no other option 

Maverick has a few truck spots I can fill both saddles with out moving 

Sinclair is sometimes good 

I have ordered a TSD card so Loves will be my go to 

It doesn't affect me. I either get fuel at PFJ or I get fuel at one of the TSD participating stations.  Most likely it will be the latter at the better discounts. I will not rule out PFJ but it will depend if my planning is off and I need fuel. Whining about GS and contracts is not going to solve a thing.  I would even suggest that calling anyone would go upon deaf ears as you will never get to top management.  

Knowing that this is taking place allows one to use their own judgement on what they are going to purchase.

Calling will do nothing, it’s just a CSR on the other end of the phone. Writing may get some attention. But going elsewhere to purchase your fuel will get their attention. Before TSD.was available I always went to PFJ using the GS discount. It was faster and more convenient than going around town looking for a lower price. But now that TSD is available with a better discount at Loves, I haven’t been back to a PFJ in a long time.