JohnBallard

How to lube slide on 2013 Tiffin allegro breeze

John,

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you tell us what kind of slide you have, Gear driver or Hydraulic and who is the manufacturer. 

There may be different point to lube.

Thanks and again Welcome.

Herman

It's gear driven, manufacturer unknown, and a early happy birthday.

5th wheeled for 10 years, 1 Ton duly was killing wife's back so went to motor coach, 5th wheel slide out were easy to lube.

Whitewright Tx, where at; we live N. of Baton Rouge. 

If you are speaking of Baton Rouge, LA it is a heck of a long way from there. Whitewright Texas is a about 22 miles south of the Oklahoma border on US Hwy. 69.

Can you see the drive shafts? There should be two shafts. If so you can spray dry silicone lube on the shafts. After you put the lube on run the slides out a couple of time to make sure to spread the lube completely.

Herman

Going to look tomorrow after it stops raining (again)

Found Whitewright on Goggle map, have gone trough there many times, use Hwy 69 from Tyler when headed to Pottsboro Tx, wife has a friend there.

thanks for help, and hope you have a great day

John, I also have a friend that lives there. Matt Poe the Head Football Coach for Pottsboro. Matt went to school with one of my sons and I am friends with his father Ron Poe.

Herman

If they are Schwintek slides usually found in the rear bedroom slides, look on line for YouTube video on where to spray the lube. There are several points that should lubed. If it’s the front slides and they have the tracks with electric motors, the slide tracks are lubed with a lube made for the tracks, you can spray the gear too.

Yep. The Power Gear I had on the American Coach, never lubed in 10 years...I called Lipper to make sure since I was second owner!

On my "new to us" coach, I'll give HWH a call.

Herman, maybe OP knows you..He said Happy Birthday early!  What is it 4 or 5 months?

5 hours ago, jleamont said:

John, call Tiffin. Not all slides are supposed to be lubed, really depends on the manufacturer and model. 

Good advice, AC says not to lube mine.

Fully extend your slide-out. Look for the rubber seals of the slide-out. Pull the seals aside to expose the metal components – Spray a liberal amount of lubricant on all the moving parts like the gears, sliders, and the track, and any exposed metal parts so that they will not get rusty or pitted over time.

On 3/8/2020 at 6:06 PM, manholt said:

Yep. The Power Gear I had on the American Coach, never lubed in 10 years...I called Lipper to make sure since I was second owner!

On my "new to us" coach, I'll give HWH a call.

Herman, maybe OP knows you..He said Happy Birthday early!  What is it 4 or 5 months?

My HWH slide mechanism is much older than yours, my owners manual says no lubrication necessary. It has Nylon wear/guide blocks instead.