tireman9

Fuel discount for "gassers"?

Hope I don't cause any problems with this info. A number of years ago at an FMCA convention I signed up for the Pilot Flying-J discount card. I am not a GS member.

Since I use gas neither the TCS nor TDS cards

The Pilot card It's not a Debt cars but I must pay the balance in full each month. I don't automatically assume Pilot is the best price but sometimes it is. Also get a discount on propane and holding tank dumping. I do plan my stops which are about every 400 miles and use Gas Buddy in the evening if I expect to need gas the next day.

Don't know if Pilot card is still available as neither Pilot or Flying J is listed for Tuscon. You may need to be GS member to sign up today. I'm afraid to ask as they might cancel my account.

They have an RV card that starts the pump and you pay inside and use any card you want with a small discount on gas or diesel 

I have the GS Pilot/Flying J card also. I've had very good luck with it also, just recently e-mailed for a replacement card because the old card was giving errors at the pump, new card came in the mail and had to be activated, no further problems with the new card.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:57 AM, rklorer said:

A gs membership card will give you a nickle off per gal at pilot and flying, simply insert it as a reward card

Yes, the Good Sam membership card will get you a discount at Pilot/Flying J.  The Flying J/Pilot charge card gets you a bit better discount.  Like tireman9 stated above, it isn't a credit card as you have to pay off the balance in full.  Works great for us; I've used it quite a bit.  As far as I know, you have to be a GS member to get it, but at least in the past there have apparently been other opportunities to get it outside of GS.

Roger,

Up in the right hand corner of your card under "Pilot Travel Center" is there a small black banner saying "Good Sam Club?"

My G/S Pilot/Flying J card is a "Credit Card'. I swipe it at the pump, put in my code, pump my fuel and shut it down then I get a ticket. When my bill comes in I pay it. Just like a C/C but with a code.

Herman