naterrt

Need help finding good radiator repair shop in Columbia SC

Hi I'm fairly new to the forum but the few times of used it I've got an excellent help from all the members. My 1997 Hawkins motorhome sprung multiple leaks from my radiator. I had been losing coolant slowly since Idaho and could not find the leak I pulled over to get a snack and it was pouring out from the top near I guess where the tank connects and also multiple pin holes throughout the radiator itself. it never ran hot which I'm grateful for but now I am in dire need of finding a radiator shop near Columbia or in Columbia that can help me. My Hawkins is built on a Gillig bus frame with a caterpillar 3176 side radiator. roadside assistance towed me to a diesel mechanic in Columbia but I'm not sure if he knows much if anything about motorhomes in general, but especially radiators, and I am in need since I have three kids and  live in it full time. I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income and I know it will cost me a pretty penny to have it repaired but I am asking anyone for advice to a good shop that's trustworthy and does quality work.

5 hours ago, naterrt said:

Hi I'm fairly new to the forum but the few times of used it I've got an excellent help from all the members. My 1997 Hawkins motorhome sprung multiple leaks from my radiator. I had been losing coolant slowly since Idaho and could not find the leak I pulled over to get a snack and it was pouring out from the top near I guess where the tank connects and also multiple pin holes throughout the radiator itself. it never ran hot which I'm grateful for but now I am in dire need of finding a radiator shop near Columbia or in Columbia that can help me. My Hawkins is built on a Gillig bus frame with a caterpillar 3176 side radiator. roadside assistance towed me to a diesel mechanic in Columbia but I'm not sure if he knows much if anything about motorhomes in general, but especially radiators, and I am in need since I have three kids and  live in it full time. I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income and I know it will cost me a pretty penny to have it repaired but I am asking anyone for advice to a good shop that's trustworthy and does quality work.

You Might try this location. They mention working on a number of items including military equipment. Never have used them, but they are close to you./

1-800-RADIATOR OF COLUMBIA
145 MCLEOD ROAD
COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA 29203

Phone: (803) 691-1212
Alt. Phone: (800) 248-8720
Fax: (866) 814-9729

Description

Discount Car Radiators for Sale in Columbia1-800-RADIATOR OF COLUMBIA is part of the radiator.com franchise that offers discount direct-to-customer sales of automobile radiators. This warehouse is located in the middle of the state with easy access to major highways, which enables the quick delivery of South Carolina orders. Ken Holloway owns this Columbia facility, which opened on May 15, 2006. Free telephone support is available to assist car owners who need help replacing a radiator. Our technicians can lead you through the process one step at a time. Keep yourself and your family safe and secure and replace radiators when they fail. Repaired radiators have weakened components, and run an increased risk of future failures. Nobody wants to end up stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck, and South Carolina's hot summer days make the situation even more unpleasant and potentially dangerous.Columbia is home to the main campus of the University of South Carolina, and many of its more than 30,000 students are on a limited budget. These students appreciate a bargain and tend to buy used cars, which often need repairs. 1-800-RADIATOR OF COLUMBIA is here to help. Find high-quality replacement radiators for sale at a low, low price. Fort Jackson, which is located on the eastern boundary of Columbia, is another site of budget-minded people. This major Army training base houses soldiers who purchase older cars to use during their temporary assignment. 1-800-RADIATOR OF COLUMBIA helps to keep our military forces on the road when broken radiators stop them in their tracks.Radiator.com is an international distribution network of OEM-style auto radiators with lifetime warranties. Centrally located warehouses ensure fast delivery of replacement radiators, and customers often receive the part the same day it's ordered.

1-800-381-3688

Rich.

Spartan RV Chassis is located in Spartanburg SC

Frightliner RV Chassis is located in Gaffney SC

There is a old trick that works, pour a box of black pepper into radiator and it will stop leaks long enough to drive to a Shop. Linda did that in Alaska and drove back to Texas...saved over $6,000 in shipping charges!