wolfe10

FMCA Tucson Convention CANCELLED due to COVID-19 virus

Posted on the FMCA home page just a few minutes ago: https://www.fmca.com/

With escalating concern regarding the COVID-19 virus, and the Tucson mayor’s recommendation on March 12, 2020, that large gatherings be postponed, on Friday, March 13, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. Eastern, FMCA's Board of Directors voted to cancel FMCA's 101st International Convention and RV Expo set to take place March 26 through 29 in Tucson, Arizona. We understand that you will have questions, but ask that you please remain patient as we make arrangements for this unprecedented situation. Additional communications will follow next week.

Good point, Wayne.

So, along that line,  let me ask that everyone refrain from posting on this thread until FMCA Staff has a chance to provide details next week (it is currently after closing time on Friday in Cincinnati). I would prefer not to have to LOCK the tread, as it will be useful to post developments as they happen.

Will continue updating as we get more information from HQ.

Discussions on the virus and its effect on other world events may certainly be posted in a new thread in the "General Discussion" area rather than here under "FMCA Conventions".

Thanks.

Brett/moderator

Interesting....the ratio of cases vs death's remain the same!  What I also love, is the comparison to Italy...Of course we have more cases/death's in US compared to Italy!  Italy has approx. 60 million people, the US about 328 million!  Duh!!!:blink::wacko:

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Interesting....the ratio of cases vs death's remain the same! 

The listed deaths to cases ratio remains at 2-3%.  But since we aren't doing large-scale testing of asymptomatic people the number of actual cases is probably much larger. Therefore, the "real" death rate is probably on the order of 1% which is what the Chinese have said from the start.

Sadly these forced cancellations seem to have put FMCA into an almost intenable situation by the tone of the open letter published in the magazine. The Board of Directors face very difficult decisions.

I personally was not negatively effected by the loss of capital from the cancellation, but others might have been. Perhaps it’s time to consider loss insurance on future venues. We may be in the midst of a new normal, and I wonder if the FMCA can afford to take another hit like this. Just a thought.

Martin

Martin,

Welcome to the Forum. 

It would have been nice to have had such insurance. But here we are with perfect hindsight. I am sure that will be a discussion at the next budget meeting. However I am sure the Insurance Industry will be thinking about such policies and the cost may be very high in the future. But it would be nice to have it.

Again Welcome!

Herman

I understand there are certificates to be used at a later rally. I do not use Face book so how do I obtain them?

Gary Meyer F421151

Edited by Snowbear