woodworker414

Good Sam Club being discontinued?????

Good afternoon everyone.

I received a rexted from a friend which had an article that he had copied.

The articel was from a INSIDER,  stated that Good Sam Enter prize has stopped the state providence directors program.

The INSIDER thought that meant the Good Sam Club wouln no longer be part of the company.

May be the demise of the Good Sam Club.

Has anyone heard about this?

Maybe someone knows how to research this and tell us if its true or false.

To me  that does not sound logical. The Good Sam directors(they are not the board of directors) are in control of state and local clubs, rallies and events only.  The Good Sam club is owned by Affinity Group. RVtravel has been naysaying Good Sam club for many years now, to no avail. Look into the background of rvtravel, and ownership.

Guess we would need to know what their definition of "pause" is before anyone can have a full understanding of this. They didn't say close, cancel, termination, etc. They said pause.

Strange there is no mention of it on the Good Sams forums. http://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/newest.cfm

3 hours ago, woodworker414 said:

I received a rexted from a friend which had an article that he had copied.

The articel was from a INSIDER,  stated that Good Sam Enter prize has stopped the state providence directors program.

Yet they were able to keep it quiet from all those on the forums.:P

Bill

I mentioned several months ago that Camping World was in deep financial trouble and some thought I was nuts. They are quickly draining cash and with the economic downturn due to the virus they could be bankrupt sooner than later. Their debt load is totally out of sync with their income. 

I don't  doubt they have problems. I just can't see them being able to keep it off the forums.

Did you know you can get free home delivery when you buy a RV from them? You can do it all over the phone. You never see it till they deliver it. That isn't my way of buying but.

Bill

Marcus is known to buy, gut and spin off company's!  This virus is an unforeseen fly in the equation and could easily do as Jim suggests!  I doubt CW would go to total Bankruptcy...reorganization is probably more likely.  Remember all the times American Airlines did that.  

I am due to renew my membership this month. Now my question to myself is "To Renew or To Not Renew, That is The Question: Whether 'its nobler in the minds to spend my money or to take Or take arms against the arms of the Greedy that care not for other but for themselves."

Man, that Bard is relevant as much today as he was way back then.:wacko:

Herman 

If the Good Sam Club is gone someday. 

Maybe FMCA or the Escappees would be willing to take in the Life Members for a small fee.

I too am a Life Member

I also belong to FMCA, Escappees and just became a Life member in the Passport America club.

I get great benefits form all 3, and I use those benefits.

What ever happens to the Good Sam Club, we will still have a good time ON THE ROAD.

Safe Travels.

Have a pleasant day.

Bill

As Richard said.  What does "Pause" mean?  Marcus has changed the Logo twice in the last 8 years!  Why bother at all, if you plan to close it? I'm both a charter member & Life member! 

My new GS card is in today's mail. If something is closing, they didn't know a week ago when that was sent.

I am assuming that this 'pause' has something to do with the current situation.

Woodworker Bill, you can get an escapees life membership. I haven't done so, wondering how much life I have left. 🙂

Joe, we'll have to get together someday and compare cards. Or, send my your CC and I'll check it against mine.

Been a Lifetime member for years, back when Good Sam was really GOOD.  Now, it is not so good.  We only use Camping World/Gander when they have a sale and loss leader item.

I guess I should look into exactly whose lifetime they mean.

Ken

Lifetime to most of us, is ours!  I have saved a Ton of $$$ in not having to pay dues, I'll get my card later it's in the coach and it's raining, I think it was 1984.  Became a member in 1967. Same year as FMCA.  GS got my name, since I sent them a check, before I left for a job in Europe...FMCA got my wife's name, she sent that check!  Old fashion thinking, when your married, you should have the same last name! 😡:ph34r:

8 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Woodworker Bill, you can get an escapees life membership. I haven't done so, wondering how much life I have left. 🙂

Joe, we'll have to get together someday and compare cards. Or, send my your CC and I'll check it against mine.

Escapees lifetime membership is only offered once in a while, it it not open all the time. Your best bet is to have leave your name with Escapees HQ.

Ray,

If you have $850 you can call them as a brand new member and sign up.  I have received emails with discounted lifetime membership. I think it works on how long you have been a member.

Also, if one is a veteran make sure you tell them upon sign-up as veterans also get a discount.

Wayne, Ray.  Don't know if that list is good anymore, since the Daughter of the Founder now runs and owns it...her husband is President.

Food for thought; I'm on several RVing forums, it appears there is a concerted effort to post this "speculation" from RVtravel on all RVing discussion forums. RVtravel is losing paid members because of their focus on bringing down Camping World.