Sign in to follow this  
kaypsmith

Anyone looking for brighter headlamps for an older coach

Anyone looking for brighter headlights?

Over the years, I have found many RV’ers looking for ways to make their headlamps brighter. I have been experimenting with the newer style LED headlamps and have found them to be very effective. I started with the my 2000 Jeep Wrangler, original halogen headlamps were pretty good, but I wanted brighter. I recently ordered a set of the halo style projection 7 inch round to replace the halogens. They came in a few days ago and I was in a hurry to get them installed. I did not take the time to plug up the halos but that night I took for a test drive and was very disappointed because while being able to see for seemingly miles ahead the up close was very disappointing. I then hooked up the halos and viola, up close became very good also. I have been doing a lot of research and have found that one can order almost any style and size, and have placed an order for the coach. By the way, the ones that I have found thus far will work on ten to sixty volts DC, meaning that I can now run the headlamps on my coach without a stepdown resistor or an equalizer, they are the same brightness at ten volts as they are at 28.8, my coach is a 24 volt system, bulbs will be just as bright with 10+ volts as they are at 24+. Just thought that everyone should know, as many have been wondering. By the way, the lights do require a good ground to work at all, so please don’t think that these are a replacement for a good grounding system. I have ordered a set for the coach and will be installing very, I will post the results as soon as this happens.

Anyone looking for brighter headlights.docx