jit10@aol.com

Chassis AC Drain Hose.

Hello ....I have a 2007 FleetWood Terra with a Workhorse Chassis and looking for a AC drain hose to fit the Evaporator casing.

I contacted Workhorse dealer who said to contact FleetWood who said to contact DENSO.

Got a parts diagrams from FleetWood but not showing a drain hose,

The ac works great but the ac blows most of the cold air out of the evaporator case hole at the bottom.

My mechanic said I need to get a drain hose but I tried several sites on web without any luck.

i would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks DM

DM,

Do you have the old drain hose or you can't locate the one on your unit? Is yours worn out, not there or not draining properly? If you have found the old one can you remove it and go to shops that do auto A/C work and ask if they can match it or direct you to someone that can.

Herman

10 hours ago, jit10@aol.com said:

Hello ....I have a 2007 FleetWood Terra with a Workhorse Chassis and looking for a AC drain hose to fit the Evaporator casing.

I contacted Workhorse dealer who said to contact FleetWood who said to contact DENSO.

Got a parts diagrams from FleetWood but not showing a drain hose,

The ac works great but the ac blows most of the cold air out of the evaporator case hole at the bottom.

My mechanic said I need to get a drain hose but I tried several sites on web without any luck.

i would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks DM

DM, The setup for the Denso is the same for most dash AD drains. Mine has never had a hose connected to the drain.

It is allowed to drain the condensed water at the hole in the box.

Not a real big hole and the blower motor is mounted inside the coach, as is the evaporator coil.

Hole is like 3/16 in. The only reason for the hole is the allow the water a location to escape. The opening for the heat or AC is like 4 in. by 3 in. Way bigger then that little hole.

If you look under cars, trucks or motor-homes, when the AC is running - there is always a wet spot under the passenger side for the same reason

Rich.  

If most of cold air is blowing out, not in to coach.  May I suggest, it's way past time to clean the filters!

Depending on the size of the hole a drain like this would help, it only discharges the water when when in accumulates in the tube. Again, depending on the size of the hole a 3/16 hole should have very little effect on AC operation, if a rubber tube like the one in the photo is missing, I could see that being an issue. 

Image result for cowl drain fitting

15 hours ago, jit10@aol.com said:

Joe I was basing my statement on this. If I remember on my Bounder (Fleetwood) the fresh air doors are right over the draine (there is no filter) and if the OP isn't getting proper air flow at the inside vents it would indicate the flopper doors arn't working right.

One of those duckbill drains might help but I don't know if he had one originally.

Bill

Thank you all for your input.....When I purchased the RV (used)  there was no drain hose.

My mechanic checked out the AC and works great in all the vents position/door operation.

No AC Filters....The hole is about 7/16 

Just concerned about the amount of cold air blowing out drain hole case.

That is type of hose shown(jleamont)I am looking for but smaller size to fit.

Thanks

I am NOT familiar with your exact system. but please verify that the condensate drain is on the output/positive pressure side, not input/suction side of the fan.

To describe it ...When you turn the dash on in any vent mode you get water and cold air  coming out of the bottom of the evaporator case.

Today I checked the ac system on a FleetWood Bounder and only water comes out of the drain with no cold air.