Sign in to follow this  
FarAndAway

2006 Winnebago journey converter

I am putting in probably two Battleborn, batteries 100 amp hour. I need to replace the converter because the lithium batteries require 14.7 volts to charge them. I have two problems. the first is in looking for the converter I've been told it's under the fridge or under the bed. I have looked in both places twice because I simply can't believe that I can be stumped by this. That part someone will just have to know. The second question is that if I ever find the converter some people say that the rig was designed for 45 amp charger d putting in 60 would cause problems. Others say that  60 amps is no problem at all. I guess it's not really a big deal but I bought it with really bad batteries and on our first trip we ended up using the generator for everything.

An answer for the first and an opinion on the second would be appreciated

You probably guessed I'm new around here, Thanks very much, Wayne

Much, much more important than the maximum amp rating is whether the converter, smart charger or inverter/charger will follow the charge perimeters speced by your battery maker.

Call Battleborn and discuss what you have for charging AND what you should have/

I agree with Brett if you are going with the Battleborn they would be who I talk to about charging. You will also want to tell them what you have for a start battery because you will need to charge it to.

Bill 

2 hours ago, FarAndAway said:

I can't believe i left it off. It's a 2006 Winnebago Journey 39'.

If you add that kind of info to your signature you don't have to remember to add it every time.

Bill

FarAndAway,

The Title to your post said what Make, Model and year your coach was. But Bill's advice is sound about adding your information to your signature.

Herman