huffypuff

Our New Holiday Adventures

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Better now, during the COVID-19 than later I suppose!  Since you have the # to Spartan, I would call them first & find out if it pertains to your chassis!

Today I was doing an necessary task that is performed once a year.  Clean the roof so later when the sides are clean it lessen the streaks from the rain later.  Strange thing I see a Galaxy Siriusxm antenna.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010F5LUOY?tag=duckduckgo-brave-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1  The coach has a Siriusxm ready radio but the satellite icon is not lit up.  I don't know if it has the receiver, fuse out or something.  I have to call Entegra if they put one in?   

RV Country call Freightliner and the have the rear brake chambers in stock and going to replace them.  I'm not going to complain as it don't cost me anything.  As for everything else I want to get them taken care or as we may have another month or more of many parks being shut down to travelers.  

Puff, you have to call Sirus and set up an account, the receiver is your radio. You should have info on it, along with radio #'s in your papers!  You reminded me to xfer our paid for 2 years account to new coach!

7 hours ago, manholt said:

Puff, you have to call Sirus and set up an account, the receiver is your radio. You should have info on it, along with radio #'s in your papers!  You reminded me to xfer our paid for 2 years account to new coach!

The icon is not lit up so I can not select it.  I called Entegra and they said the Sirius head unit is either came unplugged or bad head unit. Not a fuse because power comes from the radio.    Another thing to add to punch list.   

I swear @#$%^&*, Once I get the ceramic wax job done I'm taking it to the truck wash for the rest of the year.  This coach is so much taller and longer than the one I traded in.  

The K3 chassis compare to the K2 you should have larger tires.  My coach have  (6) 295/80R 22.5  rear and (2) 315/80R 22.5 front.  I think mine is 13 feet high at standard ride height.  

Mine is a little tiny 12.8 high. I am running 315/80R 22.5 all around. Interesting it is only 0.6 higher than my outher diesel pusher it is 12.2.

Bill

Ray, try "Wash-Wax-All."  Good product with a fantastic application mop.

I bought the kit and have been very satisfied with it. Waterless.

2 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Ray, try "Wash-Wax-All."  Good product with a fantastic application mop.

I bought the kit and have been very satisfied with it. Waterless.

I'm doing the ceramic wax as dirt comes off with a hose.  Only problem is hard water so have to wipe dry.  

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Ceramic Wax is good stuff. Using Meguires?

Yes, it took two bottles, I spray too much.  

We carry a water softener (Amazon, runs on table salt).  

My coach is 365/70 front & rest are 315/80. The chart say's 125 psi front, 85 psi drive & 115 psi tag! 

5 hours ago, manholt said:

We carry a water softener (Amazon, runs on table salt).  

My coach is 365/70 front & rest are 315/80. The chart say's 125 psi front, 85 psi drive & 115 psi tag! 

We got it back Thursday with many things fixed and others waiting on parts.  When we got it back we had a new problem that happen during a recall.  Going through the list of all that was done, one item was to tighten the discharge clamp on the rear macerator toilet.  They did that but didn't check the operation afterwards.  The water level lockout light was red which require you to hold the flush button at least 10 seconds.  I could imagine what my wife would say the first time she had to do that,  

I called the factory which had me flush the black tank three times that never been used.  Nope that didn't fix it and no way to see the level pads on the side of the tank.  So finally with their permission I unscrew the toilet from the floor and and slid it away from the plumbing box.  Sure enough a wire for the high level that came out of a butt connector.  As soon as I repair that wire I got a green water level indicator.  DW should be happy now.   

If your Sirius radio has power the advertising channel will work, no subscription needed for that. When you go to their website you create an account, select your plan, pay with CC; no need to talk with someone who speaks English as a second language.

You should have gotten a free one-year subscription with your new MH radio with Sirius integrated.

21 minutes ago, RayIN said:

If your Sirius radio has power the advertising channel will work, no subscription needed for that. When you go to their website you create an account, select your plan, pay with CC; no need to talk with someone who speaks English as a second language.

You should have gotten a free one-year subscription with your new MH radio with Sirius integrated.

That got fixed, loose connection in the dash.  

Someone asked me about the batteries and inverters on new coach so I crawled inside the basement and took some pictures.  I have 2 Hybrid Magna Sine 3000 watts inverters.  They are connected to by a bridge controller and have 4x  L16 AGM batteries.  I didn't get a pictures of the batteries as they are tuck in the back middle between fresh and sewers tanks with walls panels hiding them.  If I ever have to get them batteries serviced I would have to hire a small strong monkey to do it.

1099501839_inverter1.thumb.jpg.fc0ce0b6270d6903c84984daab1bba04.jpg 2130715297_inverter2.thumb.jpg.6197d18bed23fe8b91bac31f3f1f6d26.jpg  1460646292_inverterbridge.thumb.jpg.c0339edb9367e285070536d6d7a4c8da.jpg

1858969773_invertertag.thumb.jpg.eb62759dc3e80baa2bcbef74197ffe7c.jpg

Yep! Mine are in the slide-out bay floor. Push the slide-out to the passenger side, crawl in and undo a couple bolts. I'm with you on who to get to do it.

It also has a couple of solar cells on the roof and a readout over the front door that connect to a controller at the 4th cargo bay on the right.  I have no idea how any of it works.  

Eight 6V AGM on a slide, no problem.  One 2812 PSW Magnum, that we can't find...big problem!  It's not where the King Aire Tech said it is!  I need to reset it.

There are 2 big patio awnings, should have a toggle switch for each, does not, we have one and it puts out both awnings at the same time!

Ray, we have solar also and one is for start batteries, the other?  Who knows, it's not listed.  On AC or gen, the house batteries and start are charged.

Looking for something else, we found Inverter in compartment next to batteries, mounted to underside of coach floor.  Linda had to lay on her back to take a picture!  This coach was listed for $835,000 when new!  Pathetic engineering! 😡

We also found Silverleaf system, it should be mounted where Inverter is, easy accesses!

33 minutes ago, manholt said:

We also found Silverleaf system, it should be mounted where Inverter is, easy accesses!

"EASY ACCESS". With an RV that is a oxymoron.

Herman