rfsod48

Alsatian RV Resort

We arrived yesterday from Aransas Pass Southern Oaks RV Park. Park is nicer than last year but only 50% full. Have a tee time for Tuesday . Castroville is still fairly open, but restaurants are carry out only. Bakery and the meat market are open. We will be here for the next month and then see how things are going in Michigan to head home.

You are brave to be out.  We have a new coach and afraid to try it out until the virus things blow over.  We cancel all plans until memorial day weekend.  Hopefully it will be under control by then.  Stay safe.   

We have a Grandson turning 18 and Graduating from High School in May in Wyoming. We will be there if we have to dry camp the whole way. They may not have graduation but we won't miss his Birthday. 

Herman

Herman.  National Parks are open, visitor centers and cafes are not.  We found most private parks/resorts are open!  Suggest you by pass Colorado, they have a COVID-19 issue,guess they all want to party, when they blow smoke! :blink:

We're going to Three Rivers Wed for a week to 10 days, then Galveston to check on house and CPA.  May is a wash out for us, due to eye surgery the 7th and 15th!  We head out for 4+ months the first week of June...life goes on! :P

Puff. Take your coach for a trip to Montana!  Just stay away from the big cities...that's where the problems are! 😎

We have made the trip so many times, I can almost put it on auto pilot and rest most of the way. To avoid large areas we are planning on several routes. Maybe even up through South Dakota. 

We might even go the Gillette to the CAM-PLEX and park where you and Linda did in 2018, can't get more isolated than that.:wacko:

Herman

Puff we were down by Corpus Christi since January 1, before COVID 19 broke out. We will stay here until safe to go home.

Carl are you having cataract surgery? Good luck, normally a very safe uncomplicated procedure.

Roland

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Herman.  National Parks are open, visitor centers and cafes are not.  We found most private parks/resorts are open!  Suggest you by pass Colorado, they have a COVID-19 issue,guess they all want to party, when they blow smoke! :blink:

We're going to Three Rivers Wed for a week to 10 days, then Galveston to check on house and CPA.  May is a wash out for us, due to eye surgery the 7th and 15th!  We head out for 4+ months the first week of June...life goes on! :P

Puff. Take your coach for a trip to Montana!  Just stay away from the big cities...that's where the problems are! 😎

Montana is still too cold this time of year as we like to get outside the coach also.  I may change my mind and go to a RV resort on 82 in Washington.  

Herman. Dang right about that. 😂

Roland.  Yep, cataract.  Linda had both of hers last Oct.  I'm not concerned about mine...same Doctor!  Just the 5 days of meds in eye before, after & since eye #2 comes 8 days after #1, I'll be medicating both eyes!  Per Linda, the Anti biotic burns!  Lucky me, I get 18 days of it, twice per day! :wacko:

Puff.  Go for it...lots of time to read the manuals & get used to the computer system!  If you got to quarantine, can't think of a nicer way to do it...out in fresh air and nature! :P

Carl, sometimes if you store the med in refrigerator and use cold it stings less. Everything will go fine.

Herman --

If you don't mind me asking, what city / high school does your grandson attend?   I grew up in Rawlins, WY, got my chemical engineering degree at the University of Wyoming and then for the last 35 years the energy business has kept me in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana and the UK.   I don't miss the winters in Wyoming, but I do miss the summers camping in the Snowy Range.  My first exposure to RVs as a pre-teen was my parents' 26 foot Prowler travel trailer which spent many summer weekends in Ryan Park Campground with several family friends who also had travel trailers.

Roland --

The Alsatian RV Resort is one of my wife's favorites!   It has all the amenities to meet her "RV Park Connoisseur" standards (she gets testy if I call her an "RV Park Snob").   Enjoy your time there but stay safe and healthy!

Roland,

My son, his wife and two sons live in Cheyenne. They have been there for about 20 years. They went to visit her mother in Kearney, NE and decided to visit Cheyenne. Fell in love with it, came home and both gave notice where they each worked, packed up a U-Haul and moved. She did have a job interview the day they arrived and went to work 3 day later. My son took about two weeks to find a job.

Since we don't get to see them that often we won't miss our Grandson's 18th Birthday and Graduation (if there is one).

My son has a friend from High School that played football and graduated from the University of Wyoming in Laramie. That would have been about 25 years ago. If it means anything his name was Ross Crum.

Sorry for the long answer.

Herman 

Herman, Mike inquired, not Roland.

Roland, thanks for the info!  I'll keep it in fridge, the Doc said it would be fine if I used Linda's left over meds.  7 months old.  The fly in the ointment is COVID-19, will we still do eyes in May?

Carl, in talking to a few of my friends who are still in practice they are not doing any surgery except emergency surgery. Very rare for cataracts to be deemed emergency. Hopefully we will be emerging from COVID 19 by the end of May but it all depends on when people wake up and follow directions. Better to wait a little time then have a problem.

Roland

Totally agree!  Since there will be a log jam, I expect mine will be around August/Sept.  Not in a hurry!

Did you play golf today or was it a wash out?  We may come down there, next week.  We where suppose to go to Three Rivers yesterday, but builder post phoned the event until the virus event is over!  So, we are thinking of stopping for 4 days in Castroville, on our trip to Alpine & Marfa, TX.

I played Tuesday and hope to play this coming Monday weather permitting. There are several empty spots here, I talked to the office today about the possibility of staying in May depending on what is happening.

Roland

Alsatian will open golf course this coming Friday . Hopefully with other courses open it will not be crowded. We will be here until 5/11 and then we head north to Michigan.

Roland, good for you!  I would not be in a hurry to go back home. You got a crazy Governor in MI.  5/11 we will be in Alto, NM...lot's of great golf courses up there & cool weather! 😎

70 yesterday, 60 and rain today. Golf course is open. I would say even UP is snow free by now. Safe for you to go Bill!!!!!

Roland

Carl are you going to stay at Mountain High RV park while in Alto? The whole area there looks great.