Sign in to follow this  
eric@babin.com

AWNING GAS STRUT QUESTION

I have a 2014 Itasca (Winnebago) Ellipse (Tour) and need to replace the gas struts for the rear awning..... 

I'll be darned if I can figure out which one to order..... I have all the info, but can't find it online...

It's Lift-o-Mat Stabilus 393019 0380n 235/13 c 9

If I know how much weight it's supposed to support, or how to measure the length (is it just the black part or length fully extended).

Any help would be appreciated.   

Eric, all of the struts I have replaced had a part number on them. That told me the length and lifting weight. Have you tried going to Stabilus website and clicked on their product Lift-o-Mat? You might find a contact there that can direct you.

Herman 

Try  https://www.stabilus.com/

or call Lift Supports Depot.com 866-969-5438. 

I like Lift Supports Depot because I broke a end/connector and called them and they sent me a new one free. I am pretty shure if you call them they can figure out what you need. 

Did you call Winnebago to see if they had the parts or what the price would be? I called Newmar when I was trying to determine what # the struts on the back engine cover should be. Turns out they had them in stock cheaper than some outher places.

Bill

I'll make a few calls today.... another problem I see... these things are not installed using bolts/nuts or screws.... Looks like I may have to drill out the mounts to get the old ones off.  Any tricks I may be missing on that? 

Either the end unscrews which I doubt, but never know, or as you said, you’ll have to drill out one side of that large rivet and replace with a suitable size stainless shanked bolt. Rivets are cheaper that bolts, probably why the rivet.

Is that a pin, rivet, bolt, other securing the gas spring in the track?

If either end can be released, the other end can likely be unscrewed.

52 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Is that a pin, rivet, bolt, other securing the gas spring in the track?

If either end can be released, the other end can likely be unscrewed.

It's some sort of rivet on both ends.  Good idea on trying to unscrew... 

On 3/30/2020 at 2:06 PM, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

I have a 2014 Itasca (Winnebago) Ellipse (Tour) and need to replace the gas struts for the rear awning..... 

I'll be darned if I can figure out which one to order..... I have all the info, but can't find it online...

It's Lift-o-Mat Stabilus 393019 0380n 235/13 c 9

If I know how much weight it's supposed to support, or how to measure the length (is it just the black part or length fully extended).

Any help would be appreciated.   

Think your strut was made in Europe. Follow this link and see if this model matches.

Can you get a good picture of the part you are looking for?

Rich.

https://www.stabilus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/04-Products/02-Non-Locking_Gas_Springs/Automotive/stabilus_Hydro_lift_en-komprimiert.pdf

This information might help.   800-858-9368

©2020 Ohlheiser Corporation

831 North Mountain Road, Newington, CT 06111

Phone: 860-953-7632 Fax: 860-953-9234

Use the part number you posted to request information    It's Lift-o-Mat Stabilus 393019 0380n 235/13 c 9

Where the arm overlaps the device that moves in the vertical slide, is that a hole for a allen wrench?