ttbikes

Leaning Toward Curb Side in The Rear

On 10/22/2020 at 10:09 AM, ttbikes said:

So I think I have got to the bottom of my problem. I took it to Freightliner and they found a leak in air line fitting of the air ride system at the driver side rear.  Now I have the problem of finding the part. It is not a Freightliner part. It is not listed in the Airstream parts book. I contracted Colaw Salvage and they don't have the part. I have included a picture. Any ideas where I can find this part?

thumbnail.jpeg

ttbikes, Are the any numbers stamped into the fitting?  What does the left side in the picture connect to if anything? or could it be a pressure adjusting point?

I took it to Freightliner and they found a leak in air line fitting of the air ride system at the driver side rear.(is this a picture of the part that is leaking?)

Where is the leak in relation to the part pictured?  As a note to the issue, most air ride systems have or use Preset pressure valves in the ride height air supply.  The common preset pressure is 65 Lbs.

Good information may require more information on the Air pressure level at the supply point of the part pictured.

Rich.

To me that appears to be a flow restricter valve with a side by-pass for dumping air pressure quickly. Exactly where is the leak? I suspect a drop of air tool oil(do not use regular oil) into the inlet port might loosen any gunk inside and lubricate the valve.

I did that with an obsolete NLA 12V solenoid-operated multi-port valve a few years ago, it's still working as designed.

Edited by rayin

On 10/25/2020 at 9:53 AM, dickandlois said:

ttbikes, Are the any numbers stamped into the fitting?  What does the left side in the picture connect to if anything? or could it be a pressure adjusting point?

I took it to Freightliner and they found a leak in air line fitting of the air ride system at the driver side rear.(is this a picture of the part that is leaking?)

Where is the leak in relation to the part pictured?  As a note to the issue, most air ride systems have or use Preset pressure valves in the ride height air supply.  The common preset pressure is 65 Lbs.

Good information may require more information on the Air pressure level at the supply point of the part pictured.

Rich.

Yes, it is the part that is leaking. They said it was at the top where it screwed in. 

Just an update for you all. I found the part a Days Diesel in Red Oak Alabama. Freightliner had told me it was not a Freightliner part but it was. Turns out it was part of a kit so I guess that is why it did not have a part number. Also, comes with a new height valve. The guy at Days Diesel did not think it would need a complete height valve so I just bought the kit. When it arrives and is installed I will let you know how it turns out. 

4 minutes ago, ttbikes said:

Yes, it is the part that is leaking. They said it was at the top where it screwed in. 

Just an update for you all. I found the part a Days Diesel in Red Oak Alabama. Freightliner had told me it was not a Freightliner part but it was. Turns out it was part of a kit so I guess that is why it did not have a part number. Also, comes with a new height valve. The guy at Days Diesel did not think it would need a complete height valve so I just bought the kit. When it arrives and is installed I will let you know how it turns out. 

Thanks for the up date and the detective work!

Rich.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, hermanmullins said:

You might take it to your local Truck Shop. I am willing to bet they have seen the item and know where to get it.

Good luck,

Herman

This was a good idea. The guy at Days Diesel just happened to recognize it so your idea about a truck shop was a good one.

Thanks, everyone I will let you know how it comes out.

The part is installed and the air system is working great. I would not have been able to get this running without all the help here and the guy at Days Diesel in Red Oak Alabama who recognized the part. Thanks again.