f442485

Update on hydraulic leveling jacks

we have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endevor, 38 foot. i need to replace the pump assemble and can not seem to find one. I guess mine is obsolete. Your help would be appreciated. The jacks (4) will extend but will not lift the coach to level. I had a pressure gauge installed and pump will only make 500psi. Was told by a tech that the pump needs to be replaced. Thanks

F442485

Rick & Paula Ammerman

1 hour ago, f442485 said:

we have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endevor, 38 foot. i need to replace the pump assemble and can not seem to find one. I guess mine is obsolete. Your help would be appreciated. The jacks (4) will extend but will not lift the coach to level. I had a pressure gauge installed and pump will only make 500psi. Was told by a tech that the pump needs to be replaced. Thanks

F442485

Rick & Paula Ammerman

The pump pressure should read 3000 PSI.

Time to look an ask where and who runs the best hydraulic repair shop. Electric Hydraulic pumps are used in a number applications. Little or on snow in your part of the country. Look to the mountains where electric pumps are on many snow plows. I Had a HWH unit rebuilt years ago hear in the North East.

You live in a part of the country where funny cars and Rose bowl Floats are always being constructed.

Rich.

I have tried to find a rebuild kit but wasn't successful. all the hyd shops around here say they can't do anything foe me. that is why i was going to replace it.

7 minutes ago, f442485 said:

It is a Power Gear system, with 4 jacks and is a manuel system

Good older system. Do you know where the tank  an pump system is located?

Is there fluid leaking from the system around the bottom of the fluid tank and the pump motor?

Rich.

No, that is the first thing i checked. Also i have to help the rear jacks up all the way. The front jacks do not need help.

I have no leaks that are external.

Thanks for the picture and information.

Have you ever greased the jack cylinders? There is a small grease fitting on each jack, not hard to get to when the jacks are extended easier.

White Lithium grease,  an 2 squats in each fitting .A little goes along ways.

More inf to fallow. OK. next is a question. Where is the pressure gauge connected.

Lets start there, this pump and system does require some TLC,but for the most part is indestructible. That is the good part.

Do  the front jacks start to lift the coach?

Does the pump sound like it is laboring as the jacks extend, at this time I'm referring to the 2 front  jacks .

Rich.

Yes. I can feel the jacks touch down but will not lift/move the coach to level it. I will try and send a pic of where the gauge was attached.

I have tried to shorten the travel of the jacks with blocks of wood and had the same results. As soon as the jack pads touch down, front or rear, they are done lifting.

The pump does not sound like it is laboring.

The Plug you pictured in near the pump motor ground. I'm thinking it is a  Low pressure point . Are you using a personal pressure gauge?

The picture you first posted shows the 3 jack pressure valves and one return valve set off by its self.  The high pressure manifold with the 3 solenoids should have a test port. 

No laboring equals  a blow by in the system. Is it at the motor? The problem could be in valve setting all by itself.  I do need to look up a file That I should have loaded on my hard drive. 

Should I locate the proper PDF file I will forward a copy.

To narrow it down, see if you can locate a unused port in the main high pressure manifold. 

I will continue to monitor the thread you are on as I proceed to look for information.

Rich.  

Thank you.For your info, the rear jacks can be operated one at a time or together,the front operate together

14 minutes ago, f442485 said:

Thank you.For your info, the rear jacks can be operated one at a time or together,the front operate together

That is OK, not all system are plumbed the same. 

Try to cycle each of the rear jacks one at a time . Note any differences.

Trying to see if there is air in the system at some point. Good news is I have located the Service information for that issue> 

Rich.

I have cycled them seperately quit a few times and i have checked for air in the the system. None found

2 minutes ago, f442485 said:

I have cycled them seperately quit a few times and i have checked for air in the the system. None found

It is allot like bleeding breaks . From your reply's. It is sounding like you have gotten your hand dirty more then once.

Rich.

Yup. I have been dealing with this for about 2 years. I did find a bad ground and repaired it but that did not correct the problem.

3 minutes ago, f442485 said:

Yup. I have been dealing with this for about 2 years. I did find a bad ground and repaired it but that did not correct the problem.

Things are running, just lower pressure reading then required. The systems require 3000 psi. 

You did post that the fluid level was checked at the  reservoir  tank. Jacks all up when the level was checked . Correct?

Original fluid was Dextron 3. Any other fluid used?

Rich.

14 minutes ago, f442485 said:

With this in mind, have you checked voltage at the pump when someone activates the leveling system. Yes, it sounds like a hydraulic issue, but verifying that voltage at the pump stay above 12.0 VDC is a reasonable, quick check.

5 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

With this in mind, have you checked voltage at the pump when someone activates the leveling system. Yes, it sounds like a hydraulic issue, but verifying that voltage at the pump stay above 12.0 VDC is a reasonable, quick check.

Good point Brett! There is a power relay between the motor and 12 volt supply. Loose of voltage across the contacts could cause issues.

Relay is located at the top of the tank - near the high pressure manifold.

Thanks Rich.

The 3 solenoid coils that control the leveling are made by Deltrol Fluid Products and the number is 10162-76. The release/retract solenoid coil is made by Delta Power and the new number is P-DL-12 (old number 38400029).

Copy of information from a personal part file  used my system. The 2 are twins as far as I can see. The picture offered matches.

Rich.