f442485

Update on hydraulic leveling jacks

The voltage checks, so we are back to a pressure issue. 

The only thing up my sieve for now is what the pressure reading is on the jack manifold at some point  or right at one of the  jack connections. 

What point , one you can access easily to connect the pressure gauge to. 

With a reading , then is there a dump valve leek by or a pressure regulator. I'm not even sure there is one. Never ran into an issue quit like this one !

Always something different. Would not want it to get boring.

Rich

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Was that .2 VDC drop with the hydraulic pump running??  That is almost too good.

This support that there is internal ware within the pump or the pump is by=passing and can't build to designed operating pressure.

Jim

When checking the voltage I suggest you measure ACROSS the pump terminals to make sure you don''t have a bad ground connection somewhere. If your measuring from chassis ground or negative battery terminal to the hot terminal you could be getting a false reading of what is actually across the motor.

Lenp 

The voltage drop across the pump motor is at .2volts. I think its so low because the pump is defective, so the motor is not working hard enough. Looks like i'm back to buying a new pump.

9 hours ago, f442485 said:

The voltage drop across the pump motor is at .2volts. I think its so low because the pump is defective, so the motor is not working hard enough. Looks like i'm back to buying a new pump.

How about a new motor? 

Can you get any information off it?

Rich

imageproxy.php?img=&key=9ca560754283ba30   

Might need to look around a little more, but maybe will find a direct match. 

links offer some better information on the motor that might prove helpful. Some of the number sequences match or are real close to the existing motor. 

https://www.rareelectrical.com/i-26880028-new-motor-fits-rv-power-gear-hydraulic-pump-assembly-amf4613-800302-w-3528-11212440.html

https://www.camperid.com/power-gear/motor-service-kit-mpn-359303.html?view=653225&gclid=CjwKCAjw95D0BRBFEiwAcO1KDJ-mfZAVCnu6-9K6vyCz-X3V3JunQUOc1bMzYFnDZK8Y_ClJN73hKBoC-8EQAvD_BwE

Doc6-3.pdf

Doc8.pdf

When you say the voltage drop across the motor is .2 volts does that mean your reading is taken with one meter lead on the positive side of the motor and the other lead on the other side of the motor?  If that is the case you should read 12 volts not .2 volts.  And if that is how your reading the .2 volts I think you have a bad connection on negative wiring.  

Lenp

When checking voltage drops, you check what the voltage is before starting the electric circuit and then see what the voltage is when running the circuit. Started with 12.8v and ended with 12.6v. A voltage drop of .3v on the positive side and a .5v drop on the negative side are normal drops tested in this manner. Any higher numbers constitute a defective circuit (too much resistance). 

Maybe if i could get the motor loaded correctly, numbers may be higher, but with a defective hyd pump, there is no way to determine if the motor is good or bad. I have been in the automotive field for around 60 years and this is an approved method of checking for voltage on any circuit. Although there may be other ways of checking circuits, this is the way i was taught by Chry. Corp., Ford and GM. sorry for the confusion.

I've decided to purchase a new pump assemble and after i get it installed i will disassemble the old one and see what happened to it. I will let you all now what i find.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Why not disassemble the old one first?  If it's bad, you loss a day, if not...

The pump is basically the same as a oil pump, Gear driven. 

I have a 50 year old log splinter. consists of a motor, fluid tank and a pump connected to a hydraulic ram. You just know that spiting in access of 1000 cords. The old girl has cycled thousands of time more then the ,number of time a coach has been leveled.  

Rich.

I received a new pump unit late last night. Installed it today after work and everything is functioning correctly now. Now I get to disassemble the old unit a see if I can figure out what happened. I’ll let y’all know after while. Thanks for your help!