Pegasus7524@tampabay.rr.com

Looking for booster amplifier that is mobile & dB's

I have read lots of the notes in the forum about amplifiers and boosters. I am trying to find out what dB levels most people have tried.

We currently have AT&T cellphones and the AT&T Quicksilver air card. We would like to be able to boost our signals (usually only one at time).

I am the only one who uses the computer and rarely are we on the phone at the same time I am using the computer.

We have been looking at anywhere from the 25 to the 30-35 and the 40-45 dB amplifiers and are not sure how much of a difference there is

between them to know if it is worth the additional $$. We are also looking at a way that we don't have to permanently mount the antennae's

(no new holes in the motorhome) and we don't want to have to worry about a 20-25' distance location problem with the antennaes.

We would like it to be pretty portable, because sometimes we would like to use it at home for an additional boost as sometimes the signals vary here.

Anybody give us some ideas on the dB's they use? Or what amplifiers? We have looked at the Wilsons and the Cellphone Mate....

We'll take any thoughts and suggestions....

Guest BillAdams

I don't see that the Quicksilver has an external antenna port. If that is correct then you are going to have to make your purchase decision based upon that fact and the best options may not be available to a card without such a port.

You are right it doesn't have a port. It is what most of the phone companies are calling a USBConnect aircard. I have found a few that

you might only have to have it close by or in one case you can velcro it to the USB device, but I am most concerned about the dB's that

they talk about. Currently, where I am I usually only get 1 to 2 bars but don't know how that in any way relates to the dB's to know whether

it is worth more to get more dB's. The ones I have been looking at are the Wilson and the Cellphone Mate. Both are 3 watts and believe

dual band....anyone tell me what kind of difference they got between a 30 dB or a 40 dB?

Thanks...