robh

New facelift

Our 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder getting ready for retirement in tw months. Work being done by Paul’s RV in Wakarusa Indiana 

4E991AAE-40D2-4405-8595-05F5D537BA0A.jpeg

5921150B-C5DB-4489-B3F0-70FD300CFA50.jpeg

0840F5E4-0E5A-4D26-AE8F-7E386309C93E.jpeg

37DCB5D2-7F77-4A01-BFC7-B95941CD05F1.jpeg

A7F26487-951E-440D-8A12-AF807C92487D.jpeg

Ditto!  Is that new tile, carpet?   Fireplace with lift TV they did not have in 1999/2000.  Seats reupholstered or new?  Great job on an older Lady!  Would love to see the finished interior!

Happy retirement...

Originally I took it to Paul’s to paint and clear coat the roof and repair damage where I backed it into my 66 Ford.  So first off new back up camera! Changed air bags, repainted above gutter line, new a/c covers painted to match coach, new igniter in aqua hot, new carpet, added paneling on walls, added power windshield, driver and passenger shades, fireplace with tv lift , new microwave and residential fridge. With virus shops are slowing down, all things I wanted to do in time but what better time to support these guys.

Fortunatly I have a patient wife! 

Robh, sounds like your getting everything covered.  As long as you have a good foundation, it's a lot cheaper to upgrade the house!   we just traded in a 2010 American Coach with 109,000+ on it...Foundation was great, but we would have had to totally replace the house from chassis up, inside & outside.  We had a major leak that no one could find or fix...after spending over $30k, in 2 years, we gave up!   

I would rather see 120,000 on a 20+ year old DP, than 55,000 miles.  Unlike a gas unit, Diesels don't like to sit. :P

Manholt, hate to hear that hopefully the new rig is working better. I agree on the mileage theory, I have run diesels my whole career. This coach lived its entire life within 20 miles of the factory and was getting serviced regularly in spite of miles. I drove it home from Oregon with no running gear issues. Did oil analysis after I got home and all good. Only running gear issue found was v belt was getting there. Hoping we have not missed anything those cat engines are not cheap! So what did you replace your coach with? Hopefully this virus will tun it’s course and we can all get out again.