RWDMLD18

Mechanical drawings 2006 National Dolphin

I am trying to install a digital converter box. I am having difficulty following the TV cables. The RV has a box up front Cable A, TV, Cable B. In the bedroom the box is Cable A, Cable B, TV, VCR. The antenna has a power switch. I came to this conclusion because there is a very small switch on next to the antenna cable connection. If I could find the TV cable drawings I could determine were to put the digital converter.

Bob

Bob, you may want to consider installing the converter box near the TV. Since the converter box acts as the tuner it would be more convient to have it near the TV. With one converter box connected to two TVs, both TVs would receive the same signal (station). With the convertor box located away from the TV, you would have to consider if the remote control would reach the converter box from the area where the TV is located.

Just my thoughts.

Sam

Bob, Sam is right. I have older TV's as well and I have installed two digital converters since I did not want to have to watch the same thing my 9 Year old daughter might want to watch.

Power is for boosting the antenna signal being delivered to the distribution box. To control both TV's with insert the box between the power booster connection and the distribution box. For installing per TV, just insert the box between the feed from the distribution box and TV for each set at the TV. I placed mine on top of the DVD player in the front.

Remember that not all digital converts are the same with regard to function. I have seen brands and really like the ones I have. Features like tuning signal meter that allows you to turn the antenna while you watch the signal strength. Another big thing for me was that I could turn on, off, and change stations at the box with out the remote.

I know it is really old fashion but some times I will actually walk up and turn things on and off with out the remote. Think of it!

Good luck.

David Alltop

Bob, you may want to consider installing the converter box near the TV. Since the converter box acts as the tuner it would be more convient to have it near the TV. With one converter box connected to two TVs, both TVs would receive the same signal (station). With the convertor box located away from the TV, you would have to consider if the remote control would reach the converter box from the area where the TV is located.

Just my thoughts.

Sam

Sam, you mentioned the distribution box. Are thes some as the A/B switch or is this box located else were?

Bob, I mentioned "converter box", in my post. I used converter box in this context to describe the small (cigar box size) box that the government subsized for a while. Walmart must have sold millions. The converter box takes the digital signal that is now broadcasted and converts it to a analog signal that the older style TVs can use. It is my thought that you would want a convertor box near each TV sets.

As an aside, if your motor home is equipped with a batwing type antenna, it will do fine receiving the new digital signals. I have also found that not all digital tuners are equal. Some seem to do a better job of picking up more TV stations than others.

Sam

Sam, you mentioned the distribution box. Are thes some as the A/B switch or is this box located else were?

sorry, Sam. I read what you wrote but but failed to provess the data. :rolleyes: David mentioned the distrbution box. Sam thanks for your help.

Bob, Sam is right. I have older TV's as well and I have installed two digital converters since I did not want to have to watch the same thing my 9 Year old daughter might want to watch.

Power is for boosting the antenna signal being delivered to the distribution box. To control both TV's with insert the box between the power booster connection and the distribution box. For installing per TV, just insert the box between the feed from the distribution box and TV for each set at the TV. I placed mine on top of the DVD player in the front.

Remember that not all digital converts are the same with regard to function. I have seen brands and really like the ones I have. Features like tuning signal meter that allows you to turn the antenna while you watch the signal strength. Another big thing for me was that I could turn on, off, and change stations at the box with out the remote.

I know it is really old fashion but some times I will actually walk up and turn things on and off with out the remote. Think of it!

Good luck.

David Alltop

David, you mentioned the distribution box. I do not have a distribution box unless it is hidden. All I have are the A/B switches in the front and rear of the RV.