Invent1

Unusual tire wear

IMHO, take the bike off the coach, get a small trailer for bike, that should get rid off 90% or more of your problems.  Never go by tire tread, a coach will not see the years or life span on tires, like a car...your sidewalls will brake down, way before you see tread wear!

Safe travels.

Ditto, I would like to see the coach that wore the tire out rather then aging out.

One other thing to examine in addition to the side walls is in between the treads. The sides can look fine and have extensive cracking between the treads. (from experience)

Herman

OK FYI the "BM11588" is a mold number for the curing bladder but is of no value if there were a recall on the tires.

Everyone should get the DOT serial number for all their tires and have that info with the other important numbers.

Glad you never had a low pressure situation but a TPMS can warn you when driving down the road BEFORE a tire comes apart because of an air leak.

Agree completely that "TPMS can warn you when driving down the road BEFORE a tire comes apart because of an air leak." but it would cost a lot to add it to my now-old coach.

One thing I do every stop is measure the tire temp with an infrared thermometer - certainly not as good as TMPS but it's fast and would help become aware of a slow leak.

FYI: I've found the temp between the tread is the highest, the tread temp is lower and the sidewall temp is the lowest (holding the thermometer very close to the rubber)

5 hours ago, Invent1 said:

Agree completely that "TPMS can warn you when driving down the road BEFORE a tire comes apart because of an air leak." but it would cost a lot to add it to my now-old coach.

One thing I do every stop is measure the tire temp with an infrared thermometer - certainly not as good as TMPS but it's fast and would help become aware of a slow leak.

FYI: I've found the temp between the tread is the highest, the tread temp is lower and the sidewall temp is the lowest (holding the thermometer very close to the rubber)

As seen above there are a number of affordable aftermarket systems. Check the warranty and I would suggest a company that focuses on RV market not eBay or Amazon where they just sell items and can't answer questions specific to RV use.  I bought and use TireTraker as I like their lifetime warranty.

While hight temp can be of concern the temp will rise AFTER you have started to lose air.

You can lose enough air to consider the tire flat and to damage it if you drive on it in just a few minutes so just gas and rest stops are not frequent enough. IR guns only measure the surface which is many times 25 to 50F cooler than the critical structure. Do you always shoot the identical spot on each tire? if not you can't do an accurate comparison. Also do you collect all your temperatures within the first minute of stopping? More than that and the tire has started to cool down. When I was taking temperature on Andretti or Unser Indy cars my target was  1 minute max for all 4 tires with a goal of 45 seconds.