Sign in to follow this  
blaseyholt

CUMMINS ISX 600

Can anyone who might have knowledge of the ISX  engine problems let me know if a 2006 Monaco Signature with the ISX 600 is prior to the EGR issue that caused the Cylinder failure that seemed to be common on later ISX engines. I would assume that the engine would be either a 2005-2006 Mfg. dater if installed on a 2006 chassis.

Check the built date on your chassis sticker behind the seat and you can bet the engine was made before that.  On a 2006 probably a 2005 but can even a 2004.  I have a 2019 with chassis built in 02/2018 so engine is probably 2017.  

What you say it true. I dug up info on Cummins website that the ISX series had the EGR components on from 2002 through 2007. According to Cummins EPA reg's required 2008 on also have the DFP (Diesel Particulate Filter) added that collected the  unburned particulate and then sent it back through the turbo and I believe that is what was creating the build up in valve train and killing the #6 cylinder in particular. If anyone has any additional information regarding that i would appreciate the input.

I have the updated IXS600, DPF & DEF !  Thanks EPA, we love you!  Most engines had to have the DPF in 2007, DEF in 2010.

If you call Cummins Hot Line and give them the engine #, they'll tell you the build date & if you have the ceramic or metal injectors.

That is just what i am going to do tomorrow once I get the engine SN#. All i have right now is the VIN# and normally you can call Monaco customer service and they will provide the build sheet for your coach and engine numbers but they are not manning the customer service lines at this time due to the virus issue.