hanovalabs

Which RS would you recommend

Call them all and check the rates....Good Sam, FMCA, and more.  I did not include AAA.  They have a good record with autos, not so much with big RVs. 

hanovalabs, what type RV do you have?

On 4/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, hanovalabs said:

I've been reading many of the posts on ERS. I'm looking for recommendations on the better provider of the service nowdays. We travel allot.

Thanks

Personally I only know one person who actually had an experience with AAA RV Premium road service was my brother-in-law and he was pleased with his service.  His diesel pusher quit in I-84 in western Washington on a Sunday afternoon on Thanksgiving weekend. He called AAA and with in 30 minutes he received a call from a heave towing company who was dispatched by AAA. The tow company requested information about his coach (length, width, ground clearance, weight)  access to the site.Fortunately when his rig shutdown he was able to coast to a exit ramp and was able to get on the shoulder. State Trooper came by and recommended to leave coach in place until Monday AM.  BIL met tow company on Monday AM and they loaded RV on lowboy and transported to repair facility that (selected by my BIL) 60 miles down the road.

Jim

I had terrible eperiences with Good Sam, have been with AAA for 12 years now, I have the premium RV coverage with them and have had to make several calls during those years, they have always came through for me with very little displeasure. They do not come through well if you only have the low dollar automobile coverage, you must let them know that you want RV coverage, this does include all of your autos also.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:45 PM, FIVE said:

Call them all and check the rates....Good Sam, FMCA, Progressive, National General, Safeco and more.  I did not include AAA.  They have a good record with autos, not so much with big RVs. 

hanovalabs, what type RV do you have?

Thanks for the info! We have a 2006 HR Diesel Pusher

I am known for over analyzing data. I find that there is not an up to date, such as March/April 2020 info on the RSA programs, as many have changed features and costs this year, or so it seems. Thank you to everyone that has responded so far.  I have found that FMCA and Escapees both provide SafeRide as the service administrator for the program. The difference are just a few along with the difference in price: FMCA $159/yr and Escapees $99/year. Any opinions on FMCA and Escapees policy with SafeRide as the administrator?

29 minutes ago, txtiger said:

Coach Net is $250 the first year but only $169 to renew. They are the best in the market.

So you think it is a better plan to pay $209.50 (average for the first 2 years) than pay $159.00 for motorized or $129 for towables from day one. For service I can't see any difference in. I will be watching for more of your astute financial wisdom.

Bill

22 hours ago, txtiger said:

Coach Net is $250 the first year but only $169 to renew. They are the best in the market.

I think they are all about the same, they are all using the same contractors.

14 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Why didn't you buy several years of coverage when it was $79.00?

Bill

Sometime you just have to be lucky....I bought three years coverage at $74 a year.

I use Rescue Plus -- $85 a year.  Covers any vehicle which I drive or in which I am a passenger.  Several years ago it towed a Class C with trailer down from the highest point in Alabama into Anniston after a front seal blew backing into a campsite; this past Monday it towed a Class A twenty-seven miles to a garage.  Not one cent of cost to me either time.  In between these incidents, sent two tow trucks to bring home an SUV and a trailer/motorcycle.  A considerable delay as the towing company and the dispatchers argued over needing two trucks, but for that delay I was given a year's free membership. 

FOLLOWUP:  A year later, I've fired them for repeated, consistent, egregious failure to provide good service.  Something changed.  I contracted with them for years and got satisfactory service until about two years ago. 

Edited by urbanhermit