fashafer1

Seals for Class C Windows

I have a 2000 Four Winds Class C (built by Thor), I need to fix leaking windows.  Does anyone have advice what type of seal to use, and where to find seals and glazing bead for the windows at a cheap cost? 

fashafer1. Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Could you clarify? Are you referring to the coach portion or both, the cab seals and the coach windows?

Also include the Model Thor coach.

Some pictures attached with some height and width dimensions for the windows in question.

Also, are you referring to the glass seals or the seals between the side walls and the window frames? 

Rich.

Rich, "

Thank you for  responding. 

I am referring to windows in coach, I would like to replace seals between sidewalls (have to take window out to replace) and rubber seals around the glass, I think called glazing bead--I saw this on youtube--you will see in a picture where corner has pulled away from frame.  I'm not sure the Thor model--it is a Four Winds built by Thor. 

I have only one window leaking but would like to reseal all windows if I can find supplies and afford it. Measurements of windows are as follows:  1-55" X 26"; 2-49" X 30"; 1-30" X 16"; 2- 61" X 30".  That's a total of 6 windows.  

I'll try to attach pics of full window and a corner where rubber has pulled away from frame. 

Francis 

Four Wind window seal.jpeg

RV Small window.jpg

RV_Full_window.jpg

New camper (1).jpg

Francis, Take a look at this style seal. The proper one is dependent on the glass thickness or you can measure the frame lip edge and order a sample. to check if it matches.

To get the proper length needed order X number of feet and cut a length a little longer then the one you remove . Over time the one pictured and others have shrunk.

You will need to clean all the surface area the gasket makes contact with.

Link.  https://www.all-rite.com/hehr-glazing-bead-seal.html

The best seal material is made from silicon. Holds up the best. Cleaning and treating them with Protect all  Has worked the best for me.

If it is not a match please let the group know

Rich.

I found glazing bead at Pelland Enterprises at www.pellandent.com.   

I want put ew seal around the window frames.  Looking for suggestions what to use and how to do it. 

Thank You

My MH, with Atwood windows, is doing the same thing.
I just removed the seal and reinstalled it from the bottom up, with the seal tight against the frame at the bottom. Let the sun shine on the window for an hour or two and the seal will be very flexible. The space at the top is only an appearance issue. The shrinking seal will reoccur any time the window faces the sun.

Richard 

Edited by RLS7201