Sign in to follow this  
wakury

2010 Cadillac SRX FWD automatic 3.0L

I've decided to use my 2010 Cadillac SRX FWD automatic 3.0L as my flat towable vehicle.  It is on the approved FMCA list as a towable vehicle.  Are there any fuses, or special sequencing of the gear shift or anything else in order to have everything properly prepared for towing?  This would be anything in addition to the list of all the parts which need to be installed for flat towing? I looked at Remco and didn't see anything which would answer the question.

While the FMCA Guide is an excellent "first source", Cadillac is the final "how to".

I say that because we have seen a few "here is how you set up the vehicle to be towed 4 wheels down" BE CHANGED BY THE MANUFACTURER after production and printing of the owners manual-- some even to the point to issue new pages to the owners manual.

Hopefully, someone with first hand experience with exactly your same model will chime in, though this is not one of the more common toads.

I would also check on the websites for companie such as Blue OX, Roadmaster, Demco to name a few to see if they make Base Plates for the 2010 SRX. And as Brett said see what the owner manual for the Cadillac 2010 SRX says about towing it four down.

Good luck,

Herman

8 hours ago, wakury said:

I've decided to use my 2010 Cadillac SRX FWD automatic 3.0L as my flat towable vehicle.  It is on the approved FMCA list as a towable vehicle.  Are there any fuses, or special sequencing of the gear shift or anything else in order to have everything properly prepared for towing?  This would be anything in addition to the list of all the parts which need to be installed for flat towing? I looked at Remco and didn't see anything which would answer the question.

I would go back to remco and read the notes.

Notes

Towable as is with speed and/or distance restrictions. Please see Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.

It is not recommended to tow this vehicle over 65MPH

When towing for an extended period of time, start the vehicle as often as possible and allow it to run for five minutes to prevent battery drain.

Please check your Owner's Manual for confirmation. Follow procedures within Owner's Manual for guidance when towing this vehicle.

To prevent the battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, pull the fuse/fuses listed in the owner's manual. Follow owner's manual procedures.

They also gave a list of equipment needed to tow 4 down.

Bill

There is a Cadillac Document ID: 2684289 and #PI0268B "Revised Dinghy Towing Procedure (June 30 2011) Models 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX" that explains the proper procedures. I researched this a couple years ago before I started pulling my SRX and this is what I got from our local Cadillac dealer. I keep this document in my travel file and carry it with me all the time just in case some dealer gives me static about not being able to tow it. I have been pulling mine for over 2 years with no problems. No fuses to pull. Basically you shut it off, pull the shift lever boot up, press down on the manual release button with a small screwdriver or pen (I use a pen) and put the car in neutral. That's it. This was also discussed on this forum back in March of 2015 and cites this document.