Sign in to follow this  
eaglebear

Genturi Generator Exhaust System?

Wondering if anyone has used one of these exhaust systems to divert generator fumes to up above your roof instead of straight out to your neighboring camper or campsite. Thought this looked like a good idea but wanted some feedback. I'm new to the Motorhome RVing and wondering if this is needed.

Thanks.

Happy RVing. :rolleyes:

Harold

2006 Southwind

Hi Harold,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. I have had this product since 07. It works as advertised. I would make the same purchase again. We do not use it often, but where we have used it it works just fine.

Guest BillAdams

It works as advertised but you need to be aware of exactly where that exhaust will be going. If one of your roof vents is nearby you could have dangerous gases re-enter your coach from above. If you use the roof vent to draw outside air into your coach the exhaust pipe doesn't even need to be very nearby. If you use the roof vent to exhaust air from the coach you have to be aware of the pipes location to a nearby window. This applies to a standard exhaust pipe as well, but as gases cool they fall so it's less of an issue when the exhaust pipe is already close to the ground.

Hi Harold,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. I have had this product since 07. It works as advertised. I would make the same purchase again. We do not use it often, but where we have used it it works just fine.

Got ours about 2004 or so. We don't use it much either but when we do it does the job.