Garry

Keys for latch covers

I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion.  They didn't have keys to the outside latched covers. 

Locksmith got the fuel doors keyed but couldn't get the latches apart for the bins.

Is there a way going from the vin number to get new keys? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Garry.  Welcome to the Forum!   Buying a coach without seeing what the bay's look like...

Call REV Group and as for a tech or parts!

Good Luck

I have seen good locksmiths with the right tools read the tumblers on the latch locks and make keys right there in about 5 minutes. Maybe a different locksmith. Also if you take one apart you can get numbers off it. Are they possibly ch 751 keys.

3 minutes ago, manholt said:

Garry.  Welcome to the Forum!   Buying a coach without seeing what the bay's look like...

Good Luck

Maybe they were not locked??

Yeah.  Including gas and water doors...

It's easy to pop one open...flat head screw driver, same latch as the American Coach (Same co).

54 minutes ago, manholt said:

Good Luck

Latches were open. I did want to check if his xwife was in there.  Have assembly out and don't see a way to get to the lock mechanism with out damaging it.

12 minutes ago, Garry said:

Who is Rev group ?  Have a number?

Garry.   Fleetwood Division, customer support number is 800-322-8216 

Parts number is 800-591-0268.   All of there departments are working from home and many are on fer low.

These are the numbers for the Indiana office.

Rich.

28 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

Garry.   Fleetwood Division, customer support number is 800-322-8216 

Parts number is 800-591-0268.   All of there departments are working from home and many are on fer low.

These are the numbers for the Indiana office.

Rich.

Thanks for the reply. I'll call them. This rv is a whole new world to me. Had a trailer many years ago but this is way more complicated.

Are we speaking of the Bay Doors?

The 751 key is used mostly for fuel hatches.

Most MH use Tri/Mark lock and there are several Key #s. My bay doors keys are a Tri/Mark KS180 and are cut to the Bay Door locks. If you have one of the assemblies out I would call Tri/Mark and ask what you can do. Part numbers would help.

Herman

8 hours ago, Garry said:

I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Excursion.  They didn't have keys to the outside latched covers. 

Call 800-322-8216 have your vin handey. They can send you the code to make new keys or they may have keys for sale.I bet all the storage bay doors are keyed the same.

Welcome to the forum.

Bill