FMCA in order to maintain their not for profit status is listed as providing education. That is the reason funds are in the budget for education. 

Interesting to watch / read about the dissension going on in our dysfunctional lost organization. Obvious that leaders don't trust or have faith in others. 

My perception .. The vote to change FMCA from a Family Motor Coach Association was achieved by a few for personal reasons by dispensing incomplete and incomplete information prior to the orchestrated vote without understanding the real purpose and FMCA's reason of 50+ years of success and being.  - and then shortly after the vote, by discovery of information contrary to earlier info. It seems to many that the process used gave cause for distrust going forward. Now it seems that in spite of a vote last year by the Governing body, a budget was created by a few that is not in line with the intentions .... and apparently, there is some reason for not believing the numbers used in creating it are again incomplete and clearly biased ?

I am one who has SKYMed and feel it is clearly superior to FMCA Assist in all possible ways so I don't need it ...but that's my case ... I feel the majority of the actual motor coach folks want it and it's been a significant feature of FMCA membership for many years for them- maybe not so much of interest for the new towable members ... but this is  an example of significant change as a result of changing FMCA from the premier motor coach organization to a general RV club. Those that wanted the change got it.... Without destroying what else FMCA meant / means to existing members, what was the plan going forward?

( I would like to have Dons2346 send me a PM with the details of the case he states where SkyMed didn't preform... I will contact them for their details of understanding as it's very contrary to their claims and I would like to know if I've been incorrectly informed).

I believe right now, whether you agree with requiring that program or not, and what it would cause the dues to be, I believe the Governing Board direction last year was clear and continuing end-run attempts with apparently incomplete information looks like continuing to perpetuate trust problem...Maybe some will correct my belief but it obviously appears there are several other areas of expenses that should be reviewed by the Governing Board - and they should have with total access to all data of expenses in complete detail.

The examples I heard of where contracts are given / extended, raises given, increases to 401K matches given, are real indicators that some things are out of control - or confidence and participatory agreement should be sought.

Whiteeagle:  Did Dons2346 ever respond to you with details of the case where he says SkyMed did not perform? Or was he just spreading gossip? Please PM or post.

We have SkyMed.  Just signed up and paid for another 3 year member ship!  The way it works. If you need them, then you make all payments by credit card (CC providers know that 100% of charges will be paid back by SkyMed within 8 weeks)!  Our CC is a Visa, that can only be used for SkyMed.  Unfortunately, some folks don't bother to read or ask questions about a policy, before they need to use it and that's when you have problems!!!

On the topic of the future of FMCA...

I see a few YouTubers like Matt's RV reviews and Andrew Steele who make LOTS of videos and have a wide audience. They both do a lot of RV reviews and both of them do the reviews in remote locations all the time. Seems like it would be interesting to get them psyched up about FMCA and have them do something in conjunction with FMCA. Perhaps they could be invited to a rally where there are lots of manufacturers present and do a few on-site videos? Or perhaps do a remote from the FMCA HQ/campground.

Just thinking of ways to get the word out, and since they are aiming at the RV buyers out there it seems like a good target audience.

If you read back in the last 6 pages of post I have suggested that same thing and got a BS answer.  Why not encourage some of the people who have big followings to create "international chapters" and monetize recruiting new members. Just like you get something for recruiting new members. 

Bill 

I wasn't so much talking about directly recruiting members, more so just promoting FMCA and getting the word out to people in the RV world who have no idea about FMCA and would not inquire on their own. However, if they can recruit members all the better.

What better way to promote FMCA than get people like Keep Your Daydream who have 355K subscribers or as you noted RVing with Andrew Steele 57.9K subscribers, Matt's RV Reviews
87.9K subscribers. There are maney more. Yes there may be some overlap but getting the word out and explaining FMCA to people new to RVing or just geting the word out to people who have never heard of FMCA.  

Bill

I do not believe I ever got the details on that alleged incident ... spoke to SkyMed Rep that would love to check it out further but couldn't give him any thing to check out.

I'm retired military and all my medical is $0 deductible. Two MC accidents and ambulances were covered, so I only need a portion of FMCA Assist. That being the return of my motorhome, etc. To me that is worth $25 extra a YEAR. The other $50 is for the camaraderie of the members, this forum, and a few discounts.  The $75 a year is about a case of beer now-a-days.  I'll drink water. Thanks FMCA - for now.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:59 AM, richard5933 said:

I see a few YouTubers like Matt's RV reviews and Andrew Steele who make LOTS of videos and have a wide audience. They both do a lot of RV reviews and both of them do the reviews in remote locations all the time. Seems like it would be interesting to get them psyched up about FMCA and have them do something in conjunction with FMCA. Perhaps they could be invited to a rally where there are lots of manufacturers present and do a few on-site videos? Or perhaps do a remote from the FMCA HQ/campground.

Just thinking of ways to get the word out, and since they are aiming at the RV buyers out there it seems like a good target audience.

I watch both of them on youtube I think this would be a good idea.

Jaime

4 hours ago, jgallego said:

I watch both of them on youtube I think this would be a good idea.

Jaime

So, how do we get this idea pushed to the people that can make something like this happen?

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

So, how do we get this idea pushed to the people that can make something like this happen?

You would think the people in charge would be hammering on the door of all the directors trying to promote things like this that might improve growth. After all if you can improve growth and stop the losses you can ask for a raise.:o

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

On 11/5/2020 at 6:59 AM, richard5933 said:

IMO it's thinking outside the box like this that inspires better management. It was called brainstorming years ago.

We don't have enough "out side the box" thinking!

Richard. Sad, but unless someone in EB have come up with this idea...it's not going anywhere!  I can only think of 2 (one comes on Forum periodically), that would like your idea, but I don't think they can do much until after National Convention next Summer! :wacko:

Carl - I understand what you're saying and it's sad to hear you say it.

First problem I see in what you said is why don't the members of the EB visit the forums more often? Seems like they'd want to know what the members are talking about, especially when it's about FMCA itself.

Second, can't believe that all decisions regarding marketing have to wait until the summer convention. Seems like there should be an ongoing effort in this regard.

Anyone know who is responsible for marketing and related functions? Sounds like it's time for me (and hopefully others) to pick up the phone and make a few suggestions.

Ross, agree but if you go back some pages on this Post, you will note that we have tried that approach and our illustrious CEO have answered instead, with several paragraphs off PC and Blah, blah, with no substance at all...stroke the children, cause we know not. :P🤬 

WBill tried and was met with a lot of condescending attitude & no answer! 

Many members don’t know all the approaches that FMCA does or has tried. The question was who to contact which I answered. If they don’t want to contact Dan Ball then try President Jon Walker at jwalker@fmca.com. 

1 hour ago, rossboyer said:

Many members don’t know all the approaches that FMCA does or has tried. The question was who to contact which I answered. If they don’t want to contact Dan Ball then try President Jon Walker at jwalker@fmca.com. 

So why haven't they (when they were on hear) shown any leadership? You do remember they just sidestepped the whole problem. What have you done to communicate these ideas to them? 

Bill

3 hours ago, rossboyer said:

You're right - we don't know. Not sure the reason, but I'd suspect because there is a serious lack of communications.

I was the the one who asked the best people to contact. I'll follow up with a phone call or two during the week.

"If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got." Time to try something different.