REI60

carfax or not

Looking at Class A motor home  Winnebago 2013 model year.

Who do I use to do a background check on a clas A ?

Does car fax do RVs?  Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you

The advantage to CarFax is that they will have data which the owner may not feel like passing on to the buyer. For example, my car has been to the shop a few times for minor repairs, and once for serious repairs. All of this was in a CarFax report because the body shop and/or insurance company reported it. Does it contain information on all events? Of course not. But, it will likely have more than the seller will provide on their own.

I have never heard of a "Car Fax" on a class A motorhome. You would be much better having it inspected by a certified RV inspector. Eaven if they did have Car Fax for RVs you would still be better with a certified inspection. The reason is it looks at all of the RV right now and doesn't rely on someone voluntarily sending in a report.

Bill

Again - it's not the vehicle owners that "voluntarily" send information to CarFax. It is places like insurance companies, vehicle dealerships, and body shops.

If I was going to spend substantial money on a new motor home, it would be worth the $40 or so for a CarFax on the outside chance that it showed something even an inspector missed.

8 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Richard, Why are you telling the OP to spend money on a CarFax when they don't cover class A motorhomes? 

Bill

Where are you getting the info that "they don't cover class A motorhome"?

20 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Where are you getting the info that "they don't cover class A motorhome"?

Well that's what they told me when I called them. But I have been lied to before.

I still maintain you are better off with a dedicated certified RV inspector that reports to you. 

Bill