SamJenkins1313

Did our FMCA rate for roadside assistance go from $69.00 per year to $159.00 for premium plan ?

Ross.  Now, that's a deal...sounds just like what happened with FMCAssist !

I'll stay with Coach Net and Linda has GS.

I wonder if I can get a refund for unused part of GS?  I just got 3 free years of Coach-Net from Entegra Coach.  

We use to have Coach Net back when their service was excellent when Safe Ride (VAS) was the actual provider. We dropped it when their service went down hill. Safe Ride was no longer their provider. Safe Ride (VAS) is the current provider of FMCA’s Road Assist. So I will stay with FMCA Road Assist. 

Guys,  IMO $75/year is a great buy, it not only covers FMCA annual dues, included is the FMCA Assist program. Rather than make a feeble attempt to explain this service, I recommend you go to the home/Assist page and download the Assist details. If you were to purchase this service as a stand-alone program it will cost over $200/year at the minimum level.

We feel the Assist program is vital at our ages and state of health. The Roadside Assistance program is a voluntary stand-alone contract, and was IMO under-valued from the beginning, FMCA was making-up some of the premium out of  dues, When SafeRide  raised premiums 3X the original amount, FMCA was left no choice but to raise dues to stay solvent.

Ben 1 Lane.

Feel free!  If you think there's a better deal out there, go for it...You'll soon realize that FMCA is the biggest bang for your money at $75 per year...your F# will always be there!

Good Luck!

On 4/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, SamJenkins1313 said:

Did our rate for FMCA roadside assistance go up to $159.  From $69. ?

I couldn't believe it either. - more than doubling in one year!!  Other vehicle policies are reducing their rates due to the reduced driving caused by Covid-19. I don't think FMCA is looking out for us on this. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere or just using the roadside assistance that comes with our MH insurance from Hartford.

9 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

OR, perhaps based on actual cost/loss experience?????

Just like vehicle insurance premiums. 👍

57 minutes ago, RayIN said:

Just like vehicle insurance premiums. 👍

Try home insurance near the Gulf the year after a hurricane!

Same with home insurance in the Metroplex after bad hail and tornadoes. If the people who are complaining about the cost should just pay for service out of pocket. One time would make them  change their mind on how expensive it is. They may be lucky and never need to use it or have any problems on the road.

Bill

To answer the question in the subject, I signed up with FMCA ERS  on 1/20/20 for three years at $74 a year.  So yes, the price has gone up.  It is called the FMCA Roadside Rescue Program.

FIVE...Like you I get the max on anything...never know, when a policy will go up!

Brett, since my house on the Island has not sold yet, I'm still paying for a couple of storms!  My wind storm & hail premiums is $400+/- more that my home insurance now! 

Bill, I'm paying for your hail & tornado's!  Your paying for our Tropical storms!

13 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill, I'm paying for your hail & tornado's!  Your paying for our Tropical storms!

Well I am just glad I am down to paying insurance for only one Diesel pusher now.:P

Here is a deal for those who think the roadside assistance is to expensive. Next month you pay my insurance premium and I will buy your roadside assistance. B)

Bill

Yea, mine is $397, but that includes the 14' Expedition and 13' Jeep!  Per month.  I also have an umbrella policy on the Ranch and everything on it...that's another $1,600 a year!

Has anyone got an answer as to why this cost increased to drastically?  I joined FMCA for the roadside service. I dont need or want the FMCA Assist plan. I will be going to some other plan next year

Surprised you didn't join Good Sam!  Just for the Roadside Service...AAA offers the same and so does Coach Net.  Your insurance policy on RV and toad or puller, RA is included in the payments!