SamJenkins1313

Did our FMCA rate for roadside assistance go from $69.00 per year to $159.00 for premium plan ?

3 hours ago, w5ci3937 said:

Has anyone got an answer as to why this cost increased to drastically

From what I have seen on social media, Coach net and GS rates also doubled. Not sure how true that is but there was a lot of complaining about rate increases with other providers also. 

Edited by jleamont

I guess they have us right where they want us.  We must have insurance so we

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

From what I have seen on social media, Coach net and GS rates also doubled. Not sure how true that is but there was a lot of complaining about rate increases with other providers also. 

must pay whatever they want

On 7/14/2020 at 9:33 PM, azwiz said:

BS

Wow! First post and it a SLAM!

5 hours ago, w5ci3937 said:

Has anyone got an answer as to why this cost increased to drastically?  I joined FMCA for the roadside service. I dont need or want the FMCA Assist plan. I will be going to some other plan next year

Friends of ours RV'ing in a motorhome were in Florida visiting from Arkansas. He had emergency heart surgery and they had to put an LVAD (look it up) in him. He has no pulse now - nada. FMCA Assist flew him and his wife in a Lear Jet equipped with medical devices and hospital providers back to Arkansas. They paid for the transfer of his motorhome back to Arkansas.  His cost was ZERO DOLLARS.

Now is that worth $75 a year?

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

For Coachnet, this is definitely not true.  No increase in price this year, and I just checked my renewal rate - again, no increase.

Carl that's first year, second returns to regularly $159.95/yr for premium plan.  Premium Complete plan is regularly $239.95/yr. The standard plan does not cover motorized vehicles $129.95/yr.  All introductory rates are 1/2 price for first year members. The GS roadside assistance plans have been the same price for 3 years now.

7 hours ago, rayin said:

Carl that's first year

YUP, and the word on the street is Coach Net only raised their premium level plans. 

12 hours ago, jleamont said:

YUP, and the word on the street is Coach Net only raised their premium level plans. 

I've got CoachNet premium.  It's $169, and that's the same as last year.  I think it went up from $159 the previous year.  I usually get an email with a discount of about $10 if I renew early.  First year membership is more expensive, I believe about $249, but renewals are now $169.

These are motorhome rates.  Rates for towables are less.

Edited by chindog

Linda, my DW renewed 3 years at $79.95...she has always done platinum.  She has a Good Sam Visa Card and used some of her 420,000+ points.  I paid the card off last month and it will no longer be used (in very, very small print...no cash back, must be used for GS products only)!

About right, best I could figure $420+!  Paid off a $19,000+ balance...now we use one Visa, one Master Card & one AE.  :P

You guys are hilarious.  Want to know about cost of insurance.  Check out S Florida and the Florida Keys for insurance costs.  Between normal H/O, Windstorm and Flood (all separate policies) you can easily pay $5 grand a year for a typical home.  Saw a recent article that for the State Windstorm Insurance pool over $600 a year in premium cost per policy was due to litigation.  Florida has an active advertising program for litigators that simply adds on to the normal costs of Hurricanes.   

Yes and it doesn't mean you are going to get someone to come out just because you called.

1 hour ago, sundancev said:

Saw a recent article that for the State Windstorm Insurance pool over $600 a year in premium cost per policy was due to litigation.  Florida has an active advertising program for litigators that simply adds on to the normal costs of Hurricanes.   

I wonder if Joe as seen that yet since just moved to Florida. I think litigation and Hurricanes are caused by Covid and global warming.😉

Bill 

I lived on Galveston Island, TX. From 1990 to 2021....Sky high insurance, due to wind storm & hail, then you got FEMA.  The only difference at the Ranch, no FEMA.  They tried, but we are over 400' above Burnet and 125' above road.  Bring on stupid.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:13 AM, sundancev said:

You guys are hilarious.  Want to know about cost of insurance.  Check out S Florida and the Florida Keys for insurance costs.  Between normal H/O, Windstorm and Flood (all separate policies) you can easily pay $5 grand a year for a typical home.  Saw a recent article that for the State Windstorm Insurance pool over $600 a year in premium cost per policy was due to litigation.  Florida has an active advertising program for litigators that simply adds on to the normal costs of Hurricanes.   

Yes,but coachnet, good sam, fmca, etc. Are not insurance that you are describing above.  They are for breakdowns, lockouts, tire changes, and towing.  Not for windstorms, floods, accidents, and other things regular insurance covers.