timnjulie

Electrical issue

I got my 2005 38’ Damon Astoria motorhome out of indoor storage after 5 months, I started the engine once a month with no problems, I was only able to start the 7500 Generac diesel generator twice. Once I got it home in the driveway I made sure all batteries were charged. My radio would not play driving down the road, and there was only power to the coach when plugged in, radio played only when Power cord was plugged in. Does this sound like a Inverter/converter/Fuse problem? Currently at RV shop, they are now sure what is cause. There were no problems when I put it in storage and batteries were new last year. 

So, it would not play on Generator?  Just shore power...have the looked at the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch)?

Thanks for your message. Are you talking about the Automatic Disconnect Switch at door entry that turns off power to coach when in storage? If so, they are going to look at the switch tomorrow. I did not try radio on generator. 

Edited by Timnjulie
Left out details

That's the "Salesman Switch".   ATS is what transfers 50 amp from Generator to coach, then switches over from Generator to Shore Power 50 amp, when your hooked up!   

Tim, when your on Generator, are you getting full power on both legs (L1  & L2)?  Your radio should also work on your ignition switch in aux mode or with engine running!  

Had to replace house batteries, appeared the previous RV center tried charging batteries and reversed terminals. Radio wires were in poor condition and replaced. Generator had tripped. All is well.