martinrobistow

2005 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 1st time rv’er

Hello everyone! I was hoping to meet a lot of you at Tucson, but Covid had other plans. I’ve been enjoying reading the forums and have learned quite a bit. Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you. I’m located in Northern California, Humboldt county, but am originally from upstate New York, Adirondack mountains. Spent 23 years in the Navy and retired as a Chief Petty Officer in 1997. The picture of me is old, but after I got out and was attending Brown University where I studied Underwater Archaeology. 

Martin

Welcome to FMCA. Suggest you look into chapters in your area. The next area rally that will be close to you should be the Western Area rally in Indio, CA next January 6-10, 2021. Probably will have 300-400 RVs. 

The next national convention will be next March in Perry, GA which is a long way away. Gillette, WY, July 7-10, 2021 would be closer to you. It is a great facility. Hopefully, we will see you there. 

Martin,

Welcome home Shipmate!! Thank you for your Service.

Were you Ships company or an Airedale? Airedale myself.

What a Resume, from upstate New York, living in California and retired Navy, wow. :rolleyes::)

And Welcome To The Forum.

Herman

17 May 2020     1:25 PM

Hello, and Welcome!  Michael from Columbus, Ohio here: veteran Type B coach traveler, and one of six American members of New Zealand's major RV club (long story there).  What has kept me in these two clubs are the camaraderie and inclusiveness when I attend the Chapter, Area and Association events.  My twenty-plus-year-old Airstream Type B has never been kicked out of an FMCA event, and when I attended the NZMCA Easter Rally in 2016, no one told me I didn't belong there because I wasn't a New Zealander.  I'm even going back in September 2022 to celebrate my twenty-year club anniversary.

If there is one bit of counsel I can offer you, it's to attend a lot of Chapter Rallies.  They're inexpensive, they are usually associated with local festivals and fairs, and your rig won't get lost in a sea of larger type A and fifth-wheel rigs.

To quote Ted Geisel, "Oh, The Places You'll Go"!

Michael Canode, F13059S / NZMCA #19250

Webmaster / Editor, FMCA Ohio Nomads Chapter

IMG_1418.JPG