Hinkfam

Looking for CG near Timonium Maryland

We are brand new to FMCA and I need some help. 

We need to relocate our son from the Chicago area to Timonium, MD next week so that he can immediately start a job at a necessary business in that area.   In order to remain healthy and minimize risk for everyone we would like to move him there in our Class A, but we see that MD has closed all of their campgrounds due to the pandemic.  We are looking for a safe place to park overnight for three or four nights.  We are not familiar with the area. 

I called the Baltimore County police department for ideas and they offered a few which have not panned out.  The local Walmart does not offer overnight parking and I reached out to the MD State Fairgrounds by email to see if we could get permission to park there.  His apartment complex (rented sight unseen) won't allow us to park there overnight either.  Does anyone have any ideas for us?  Thank you so much for any help that you can provide!

Hinkfam.  Welcome to the Forum!

How big is your coach & are you towing?  What type of Job did your son get?  There is a reason why I ask.

Carl

Hinkfam, Welcome to the FMCA forums!

Here are the two that I can say are nice in that area;

1st choice http://www.merrymeadows.com/

2nd choice https://ramblinpinescampground.com/

Call both and see what they can do, I believe MD is opening back up soon. If that doesn't work let me know, I know a few over the PA border that might work. We have a friend that is a full timer at Ramblin Pines now, if need be I can have him ask the office for the particulars. 

13 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, would that be Keon?

YUP, we go to Merry Meadows once a year to meet up with Keon for a Crab fest weekend. He will show up with a bushel of blue crabs. It has extremely large pull through sites with full hookups. Merry meadows has a collection of restored farm tractors on display and a small antique tool museum to walk through which I always find interesting. 

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Hinkfam.  Welcome to the Forum!

How big is your coach & are you towing?  What type of Job did your son get?  There is a reason why I ask.

Carl

We have a 36 ft. Fleetwood Bounder without a toad.  We will try to rent a truck or van of some sort when we get there, where we will attempt to buy some basics, including a bed.  Son is driving his small car too, but will only be staying with us the first night until he can get his apartment keys.

Our son is an aerospace engineer and took a position with a DOD contractor (considered an essential business).  He pushed his start date twice due to COVID and stay at home orders and they can't wait anymore.  So we are scrambling with a little over a week's notice, while trying to keep everyone safe and healthy (and out of a hotel).

Thank you very much for your help!

I certainly wouldn’t consider a hotel! Hope it all works out for you.

if you need anything else in the area just ask. We have fellow members around that area and we are 1.5 hours north east. Very familiar with the area, DW is from Baltimore.

21 hours ago, jleamont said:

Hinkfam, Welcome to the FMCA forums!

Here are the two that I can say are nice in that area;

1st choice http://www.merrymeadows.com/

2nd choice https://ramblinpinescampground.com/

Call both and see what they can do, I believe MD is opening back up soon. If that doesn't work let me know, I know a few over the PA border that might work. We have a friend that is a full timer at Ramblin Pines now, if need be I can have him ask the office for the particulars. 

We use Ramblin' Pines when we visit family in the Balto-DC area.   Most sites are heavily wooded and some can be a bit tight (we have a 40' Class A) but we actually like the sites out front that they label as "FR" which are open and have trees only in the back.  

Unfortunately, I just checked Campground Reviews and it states that this park was closed because of the virus.  But that was 6 weeks ago and things might have changed:  Ramblin' Pines.  It's possible that the "friend" referred to in the previous post is a long-term resident who was permitted to stay in place although the park may be closed to new people.