Sign in to follow this  
danbjr

Directv NYC or LA signals

Does anyone use Directv and have their service/installation address as either NYC or LA? I have been told if you do this you can receive the stations anywhere in the country. Wondering if this is true.  Know that other "local" channels are spot beams so you cannot recieve the signals once outside the area, but have been told the NYC and LA signals cover country.

Am seeking user info on current reception, not on DNS service reception or discontination of that service. Would like to connect with current user who uses NYC or LA as local but gets reception elsewhere 

Dan,

There a lot of folks that have been using Directv with either NYC or LS stations,-- there are some new issues with respect to the service with Directv on both coast.

https://community.fmca.com/topic/15595-loss-of-directv-channels/ was started by a Direct user. If you go to the topic you can PM (Personal Message) him and maybe get the information you would like.

Herman

Dan & Herman. I cannot answer Dan’s question, because I live near Indianapolis, Indiana not New York or LA. 

I think that DirecTV’s web site has a map that shows the areas covered by the different spot beams. I receive the local channels from Indianapolis. They are received south in Kentucky and north as far as Amana, Iowa. It is an ellipse shaped beam just like you would see from a flashlight held at a steep angle on the floor. 

I was told by Direct TV that our signal was based off our zip code. When we travel too far away from our zip (300 miles, i think), we loose our local stations except ABC CBS NBC. The only thing they would do was change the zip code to where we were. We would have to do this every 300 miles. I just gave up.

We are listed in 78611 zip code & get local stations in NE Texas, SLA, none in Houston/Galveston area and anywhere 100 or more miles West on Zip Code or NW, forget it.