Sign in to follow this  
sweenrv

Dometic Sealand 8819 Toilet won't flush

3rd owner of a 2009 Damon Tuscany 4051, with a toilet issue. The Dometic Sealand Model 8819 macerator toilet was working, but has now stopped. When depressing the electric Full Flush button you can hear clicks in the control box, but nothing else happens. I have flushed & rinse the black tank, however believe the toilet's High Level tank switch has already been disconnected. I have opened the control box and verified 12VDC incoming.  I called Dometic Tech ... however received the after hours "CLOSED" recording.

In a RV park with convenient restroom access, however that doesn't please my co-pilot. Any tips?

Thanks, Robert

20200505_165530.jpg

20200505_165418.jpg

1 hour ago, sweenrv said:

3rd owner of a 2009 Damon Tuscany 4051, with a toilet issue. The Dometic Sealand Model 8819 macerator toilet was working, but has now stopped. When depressing the electric Full Flush button you can hear clicks in the control box, but nothing else happens. I have flushed & rinse the black tank, however believe the toilet's High Level tank switch has already been disconnected. I have opened the control box and verified 12VDC incoming.  I called Dometic Tech ... however received the after hours "CLOSED" recording.

In a RV park with convenient restroom access, however that doesn't please my co-pilot. Any tips?

Thanks, Robert

20200505_165530.jpg

20200505_165418.jpg

When you press flush and hear clicking verify you have 12v going out from the blue wire.  Sea pump output.   

HP

Blue wire, along with black/yellow stripe were capped when i pulled the wiring out of the cabinet. WHITE/GREEN/BLACK leave the controller and connect to the toilet via a modular 4-pin plug. I disconnected and could not detect voltage at the mod plug when pressing the Flush Button

Robert

If can determine what wire on the relay are the contacts that power the motor you can place a jumper on the two wire to check if the motor is OK,  If the motor runs this would prove that the relay is bad.  If that is the case you could be a simple on off switch and used until you get replacement parts.

Jim

Jim,

Appreciate the reply and suggestion. I have "somehow" gotten the unit to work again, which lends itself to an initially overlooked loose connection. I did investigate upgrade/repair replacement options in the interim ... turns out Dometic are pretty proud of their toilet products too. (switches for $120, master controls $500, etc...) 

Thanks to everyone. Be safe on the road.

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for for sharing your results. I know what you mean about the price for RV repair parts, being both a boat and RV owner and run across it all of the time.

Jim 

Robert,

Did you find the 20 amp stab in fuse, in your trouble shooting quest?  

Jim.  If you have the same system in your boat, it will be a 15 amp!  

Manholt,

No fuse found in the circuit (bathroom wall, Master Flush Control Box, behind/in the toilet assembly), other than its 15 amp in the panel. I read about possible inline fuses in other maintenance/installation forums.

Note: I did not unbolt the toilet from the floor, although I was heading down that path. The open back of the toilet is angled into the bathroom corner, with a carpeted false floor/platform covering the access.

Robert

I found mine, in my last coach (American Tradition 2010), under the dishwasher in a 2" x 4" x 2" black junction box!   The Sealand macerate elect is 15 amp for Sea and 20 amp for land (RV)!  My fuse kept going bad (15 amp), then I read about it and used the 20 amp, no more problems.  My old boat, a Laguna Cat had the same system, because it can flush with water or dry, I called the new owner and he checked and it was 15 amp!  I sold the CAT & mooring to him,  in 2009.

I'm now in the process of finding fuses in our "New to us" coach, 2 months old.  Same toilet's, just newer/better!