Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyriggle

Fuel lines diagram 1985 Chevy P chassis

I have a 1985 suncrest motorhome has a 454 Chevy engine when I bought it the fuel  lines were disconnect from the selector switch I noticed the fuel lines are color-coded blue red green but I don't know where they go on the selector switch any help please

Bobby,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you talking about duel tanks? If so are these the lines coming from each tanks? If that is the case it shouldn't make a different. Just that you may not know which tank you have selected. That is until you fill only one and then you will know which tank is full. Then you will know which tank you are on and mark the switch accordingly.

Just a thought.

Herman

As Herman said, but you will need to determine which line goes to the engine and make sure it is connected to the outlet port of the switch.

I'm guessing the red goes to engine.  Been a long time ago that I had an Apollo with 2-75 gal tanks & one 30 gal for the gen.

Hook up a line to engine and a tank...if it does not work, then move the line to the other connector on the selector switch...it's a trow of the dice!

13 hours ago, Bobbyriggle said:

I have a 1985 suncrest motorhome has a 454 Chevy engine when I bought it the fuel  lines were disconnect from the selector switch I noticed the fuel lines are color-coded blue red green but I don't know where they go on the selector switch any help please

This link will get you a maintenance manual that will cover about everything , but the multiple fuel tank plumbing.  Section 7, Starting at page 133.

https://www.gmcmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/P30-Chassis-Manual.pdf

The manual offers some different sized fuel tank information. The coach builder may have requested a different tank setup or installed a modified setup to get the weight distribution that offered some headroom for the coach floor plan. 

Fuel pressure regulator reduces the pressure from 13 lbs to 4/5 lbs.

I do have a manual that covers the electrical systems in the P 30  from around 1981 to 1991 ,like the same years covered in the  chassis manual link above. The thing is it has around 1200 pages and if you do not have a good internet connection it will take a long time to download.

1984 GM Light Truck Service Manual (includes P30) and wiring diagrams.  Includes typical dual tank selctor valve information.

you Might try this link for some information.  https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=12663.0

Rich.

29 minutes ago, Bobbyriggle said:

Hey thank you guys so much for all the information and the manual I figured it out couldn't have done it without you thanks

Bobby, Thanks for the feedback! 

Glad you got the fuel lines figured out.

Rich.