Louiseg1948

Plans for rallies amid Covid 19 pandemic

louiseg1248,

Welcome to the Forum.

FMCA has canceled all National Conventions and Area Rallies for the remainder of the year. However that doesn't effect Chapter Rallies. Chapters may still have Rallies if they can find a RV Park that can or will accommodate them and the area is open to gatherings such as a Rally.

Our home Chapter has members all over Texas. In the area where we live there are 10 or so couples that live close. About 2 weeks ago we met at a restaurant, each ordered carry out and sat in the parking lot, had dinner and visited. A week later we had a covered dish supper at our house, we live in the country. Both outing were a nice change for what we are going through now. No one is sick and all have been practicing social distancing. 

Herman 

Hi Herman,  as you know Cruisin Cajuns rallies are a whole different animal and Louisiana’s reopening orders are just at the beginning phases.  We basically compare our rallies to a mini 6 state rally. lol. Our usual rally attendance is about 100 registrations (200 people) so we’re trying to gather info on how other chapters with usual large attendance are adapting to the safety concerns associated with Covid 19.

Louie, your Chapter is one of the larger Chapters in FMCA. And congratulation on that. There may be some Chapter in California that are having large rallies.

I know you'll are celebrating you 50th anniversary on the 5th to the 8th of November. Hope the place where it is schedule for is up and running by then. At this time I know that LB & Carol plan on going and Joe Wright is planning on attending. I wish we could be there but I will be heading up the group of volunteers at the State Fair in Shreveport at that time.

And again, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Herman

To the OP.

Have you thought about having a virtual campout? There is a program/service called ZOOM that you could use to hold a virtual campout or whatever. Participants have to download the program to their computer and then someone has to issue an invitation to join the "campout" . A link is sent to those invited to the campout and there can be any number invited. At the appointed time and date, everyone can log in and they will be on video and audio.

We use ZOOM to hold EB meetings and workshops on a regular basis

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:12 PM, dons2346 said:

To the OP.

Have you thought about having a virtual campout? There is a program/service called ZOOM that you could use to hold a virtual campout or whatever. Participants have to download the program to their computer and then someone has to issue an invitation to join the "campout" . A link is sent to those invited to the campout and there can be any number invited. At the appointed time and date, everyone can log in and they will be on video and audio.

We use ZOOM to hold EB meetings and workshops on a regular basis

What is the cost to use this program?

7 hours ago, rossboyer said:

I think it is free for 45 minutes, but you can purchase various plans for additional time.  I don’t know the cost. 

Got it.  Thanks.

Bill, we might do that.  Won't know until next week about my Cataract surgery, I was bumped from May, now have no date!

Do you make your own reservation?  I saw the $15 for Rally.

The Badger Chapter usually has around 40-45 coaches at our monthly rallies. The June rally in Door County was cancelled as it would have  been a little early to do - a full campground, most activities in Door County WI are pretty restricted and likely will still be so at that point.

We are proceeding with our July rally as we have 25 coaches so far that wish to do so. It looks like we'll be able to leave a space between each coach, space out seating in the building for our meals, and only do outdoor activities where participants can stay safely distant.

Due to the Midwest Area rally being scheduled in August (and now cancelled), we had not scheduled a chapter rally in August.. but do have one scheduled in September which we are hoping to do with the same expectations that we'll have fewer coaches to allow for additional spacing,  with facilities large to enable all tables for 2 or 4 people to be at least 10 feet apart.

Naturally, we will be doing the disinfectant of tables, etc, and along with having hand dispensers of sanitizer solution all over, requiring masks, each person will be provided with sand sanitizer for their routine use. Our sound system with the extra mics will allow us to adequately communicate. 

Rally(s) will certainly be different but members are mostly interested in distant chatting and renewing friendships after a LONG winter, likely comparing senior ailments and relative level of sanity. Looking to make a "No Contact Hug Harbor" and a "No Contact Elbow Bump Station"

Will be interesting seeing if others have unusual activities or approaches for friends, food, and fun.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Do you make your own reservation?  I saw the $15 for Rally.

Yes you pay for your camping when you get there $35.00 a night. Rally cost is $15.00 each person.

http://www.redriverrovers.com/files/June_2020_Rally_Information.pdf

If you wanted to do the camping reservations ahead tell them it is with the RRR to get in the right area and to get the rally price. There is a form on the website for the rally.

http://www.redriverrovers.com/files/June_Fillable_Reg_Form.pdf

Bill

The Bluebonnet Travelers are having a rally in Gladewater TX in June 4-7. We are going out to dinner with 30 attendees at venues that have outside dining, catered meals with 2 servers and set up room for social distancing.  By suggestions of Gregg County Health Administer taking temps before entering the clubhouse and everyone signing a waiver.  Most of our gatherings will be outside in the pavilion. The clubhouse capacity is 150 so will be within guidelines. I received a copy of a waiver from another group asks questions.  Not sure where they got it but looks like an official FMCA form. 

I did not work to live 73 years and be taken out by a virus.  We will continue to social distance and not attending any rallies, get togethers, etc., whether indoors or outdoors at least through this winter.  If people want get together and risk, getting sick, by all means it is your life.  Please be respectful of me and others and wear a mask and keep your distance.

Ken

50 minutes ago, louiseg1248 said:

Have any of you who held chapter rallies seen positive cases following the rally?

Great question. I would be more interested in were there any symptoms with a positive case. After seeing so many 'positive cases" due to bad/false testing i'd be concerned the tests were incorrect without symptoms to help validate it.  

We did not have any issues or known positives of attendees.... Had 29 coaches double spaced in park, large room so all tables were 10" apart and seated 2..... naturally a few that were close friends and apparently frequently together pulled their tables together when eating or chatting but for most part, everyone wore masks when in group and stayed appropriately distant from others...

Wife and I have continued to avoid groups, indoor seating ( once in June, once in July with distant tables and masks). Have done outdoor events and fire pit evening with masks and distancing both at rally and while home.  

We, Lone Star, will be having our first Rally since February next month. The Wagon Master or Host as some call them, has asked me if I will take each person's temperature as they arrive. He wants everyone to feel safe. We will see how it goes. 

Herman 

We are currently (for 3 weeks now) at a RV Park in Cortez, CO., there are 11 coaches here from Escapees, we know, eat, socialize with all of them & I'm sorry to say that none of us are wearing masks or  keeping a 6' distance. You would think that someone would be sick by this time?  They where here for 2 months before us!  Some are our friends from Texas, AZ, CA and NM.

I've said it all along. Get your Flu Shot and as long as your healthy to begin with, live life!  

Ken, I'm 77 and Herman is older than dirt.

Carl, that is prehistoric dirt right! 😀   Is Texas starting to open up again, we will be down in November to Corpus till April and then to Castroville for a month at Alsatian.

Roland

Roland,

Texas is taking precautions like many other states. Most every Businesses require a mask to enter. Folks are for the most part practicing social distancing but there are some, but very few that defy the signs. At any health care facility you  will have your temperature taken, ask the normal questions and some  will, after you are checked in, will ask you to wait in your car and they will call you in.

Hope that all are Safe and Healthy.

Herman

13 hours ago, manholt said:

You would think that someone would be sick by this time? 

Cortez is so isolated that the group has essentially self-quarantined over the 2 months they have been there. They've simply been lucky that neither you nor anyone else coming to the park has brought the virus with them.  They're essentially like the NBA having established a bubble over themselves.