Sign in to follow this  
trackside

Boating Safety

Hello fellow RV'ers,! As an RV'er and a member of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary,We like to travel and we like to go boating at different campgrounds that offer boating.Having said that, I want to remind everyone that National Safe Boating Week is coming up the week of May 16-22. This is the week before the Memorial Day Weekend. The Coast Guard and the Coast Guard Auxiliary strongly encourages safe boating practices and to always " WEAR YOUR LIFEJACKET.'! I encourage everyone to visit the Auxiliary website at www.cgaux.org for more information. Thank You and have a safe summer.

Many years ago, I took the Coast Guard Sailing and Seaman Sailboat course and it was very valuable.  This was after racing sailboats for several year, I still had a lot to learn.

I think the CG boating course should be required for all before being turned loose with either power or sail.

Ken

Agree!  APBA and IPBA had their own courses and was required before you could race any class power boat.  One was USCG approved, the other Veritas!

You need a course for a boating license in NH that is required.

I have all the safety items on board and then some. ++ on the life jackets!

21' Whaler,  20' + breakers and life jackets locked in cabin = pack clean shorts.

Oh ya DW and daughter on board.......I prayed.

Well DB, if you left them at the pier or on shore that is not a friendly wave!!

I did talk to an RV that stated he left his wife at a gas station. Thought she was in the bathroom when he came back from paying. She wasn't. Went inside for something. Had to borrow a cell phone to call him and have him come back.

What happens if an out of stater comes into NH with a boat but never had a course.

Used to be, no problem back in the 80's.  Don't know about now...but suspect it has to do with type, size!  Fresh water, is like Texas different dept.  CC is salt water bays!