hanovalabs

Painting the sinks

We have a 2006 HR vacationer that we inherited. The sinks need some refreshing as they look pretty stained. They feel like a plastic material. Anyone had any good luck painting them or resurfacing them?

Thanks!

Wendy

Wendy, are they the same color as your counters. If so they may be Corian. Corian is a man made material and after molding they are polished to a high shine. You might go to a countertop maker and see if they can polish out the sinks. You might even have them polish all you countertop while they are at it.

Herman

If your countertops and sinks are a solid surface material (the generic term for Corian) you can use this kit to polish them up and remove nicks and scratches:  Corian repair kit

In addition, my wife uses a mild bleach and water solution to remove surface stains when she does her weekly cleaning.  Just put a bit of bleach in a sinkfull of water and let it stand for half an hour.

FWIW, normally Corian is not polished to a high gloss finish because it is an inherently soft material and the finish will rapidly dull.  A "satin" finish is easier to maintain.

Agree!  Have had a lot of Corian over the years...staining is one of the drawbacks, also use a cutting board, Corian scratches easily.

Not sure of your model, but some lower end models did not have solid surface counters and sinks but used a Formica type counter top and either plastic or ABS type sinks. Best to know what they are before trying to refurbish them.

1 hour ago, campcop said:

Not sure of your model, but some lower end models did not have solid surface counters and sinks but used a Formica type counter top and either plastic or ABS type sinks. Best to know what they are before trying to refurbish them.

YUP, our 1st coach had one, kitchen was stainless steel. Bathroom sink was so bad I replaced it, new sink was $27.00 plus my time to install.