Sign in to follow this  
poohbear7278

another disapoitment in FMCA roadside assistance

We got back on the road and low and behold we had another breakdown 3 miles from home, called FMCA RSA and they said they would send a tow and would text me and call when they found a provider, immediatly after hanging up i would say 3 seconds they said someone was on the way be there in 56 minutes, we waited 1 hour and 30 min. and noone showed, we called back and they said ,oh they cancelled on the call that didnt have big enough truck to tow. I gave them length width color weight and vin # what was all this info for? they said they would find someone else, hour passes and nothing the wife calls back and gets a little stern with them and they put her on hold FOR EVER! until we hang up. finally they find another provider and he says 1 and half hours out, we call back and they put us on hold FOR EVER! There is a tow company 8 miles down the road cant get them they are not on the list unless special conditions apply. They would not tell us what special conditions were orlet us talk to a superviser and put us on hold FOR EVER, till we hang up. 2 hours later the tow truck driver called me they had sent him to a town 38 miles away same road wrong town. so it was another 45 min to get to us. This towing company was nothing but professional , I got a call from their dispatcher said she was sorry but they give them wrong address.  when driver arrived hewas professional and did what he had to do to get us towed above and beyond. he also said that someone would have to pay for the over milage that they sent him on with wrong address and said their dispatcher had called the insurance company and they put her on hold , you gessed it FOR EVER!  They told dispatcher that they would get the extra out of us, but I got news for them that will be a cold day in you know where, that phone call is recorded and they can see i gave the right address. any ways we got it home and the driver was great their boss called and said he would except their payment and let the overage go since we were good to the driver, My son and I helped the driver hook and pull the axle. But these people are just not professional in what they are doing, they hope you will get tired of waiting and call one on your own is what they are doing. we waited 6hours on the side of the road today not a pleasant day at all.and by the way they paid $1100.00 for a 2 mile tow today and wouldnt even pay a dime on a 150 mile tow first f the year. I understand contracts but really? sorry for the rant but this is no way to treat customers. 

Did you get a new "Big Rig?"  I went back and read your post in January...147 miles = $900 per you!  I don't know of any tow company, that would tow my Jeep that cheap & then they got to drive back 147 miles "Dead Head".

Now, you come along again with a 2 or 3 mile tow for $1,100, "Big Rig" tow does have a minimum charge...guess you fell in the minimum slot.  If you did not have the RSA, you would be out of pocket $1,100 instead of $150+/-!!!  Since you where that close to your house, why did you not go back and wait there for 6 hours?

It would help if you listed, Make, Model, Length and Weight of your coach!  Look at my signature!

I did get it towed 150 miles for $900 and the RSA didn’t pay a dime . My RV is a 1996 safari Serengeti 40 ft 26000 lbs the RSA is very unprofessional in my opinion when your on the side of the road and you need info on service and eta and they put you on hold indefinitely , not my way of doing business