jealyn2

Motorized RV windshield shade

These shades on the windshield are roll up and motorized.  Our batteries house batteries are dead.  Is there a manual or other way I can raise them?

jealyn2,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Does using the "boost/combine" switch give you enough power to raise them?

What brand are they?

If you know the model, please post that as well, AND/OR what year are they?

Mine are 110V.  Works of Gen or hook up to shore power!  You can unplug each shade, then remove from holder and roll it up by hand, replace in it's slot and plug back in!

5 hours ago, jealyn2 said:

These shades on the windshield are roll up and motorized.  Our batteries house batteries are dead.  Is there a manual or other way I can raise them?

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good ideas so far. As stated above not really enough information to make a good diagnosis. First wag is try starting the generator. This will charge the batteries and run the shades. Or start the main engine as Herman said then start the generator because it should charge the batteries faster. You should run the generator monthly any way.

Bill

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Mine are 110V.  Works of Gen or hook up to shore power!  You can unplug each shade, then remove from holder and roll it up by hand, replace in it's slot and plug back in!

Carl, why would the windshield blind work off AC power?  They should run off the chassis batteries like the windshield wipers.