Rickyet59

Upgraded HDTV Antenna

Hello Group, I was trying to get some advise on upgrading the old bat wing antenna.  I was checking to see any thoughts on directional vs omni directional, etc.

Thanks,

Rick Tague

Really the bat wing is still the best. There is an attachment that can be added. While it will aid in bringing in distant stations, it is more directional. If you add it, you may need to aim again to receive a station that is a little off the location of your previous station. I have added it to ours and did not find it to be a problem. 

Yep. Surprisingly Bat Wing gets more choices for local stuff.  I also have a DIRECTV Satellite Receiver.  One you pay for, one you don't..it all depends on what your needs are!

Rick Tague, welcome to the forum. I added the extra part to my original batwing and it worked great. You can get it from Amazon for$30.00 just do a search Winegard Wingman RV-Wing HD Upgrade Antenna.

Bill

The Wingman makes the antenna more directional and enhances the UHF coverage.  Next, there is no such thing as a HDTV antenna.  All antennas can receive a digital signal.

My ham radio antennas are suitable fro AM, FM, SSB, CW or digital....all on one antenna.  The difference is the radio or the TV receiver.

The Winegard Sensar IV with the Wingman beats any other off air antenna for an antenna you will find.

Ken